SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nextdoor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nextdoor Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nextdoor sounds hideous.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
First time hearing about it. I'll take a pass.

It’s basically a hyper-local neighborhood based Facebook. Region locked so you have to be in Town XYZ to be a part of the Town XYZ page.

You’re missing nothing.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

Really serious wackos on there-Karens is just not strong enough to describe some of them.
In comments about our neighborhood bears, I noticed one guy with an off-the-wall sense of humor.

I looked at his profile; he appears to be some sort of LE, maybe fed, and one of his listed interests is "guns."

I do not know him, but he is in my area. I'll have to make it a point to meet him and let him know about SIGforum.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It sounds like a site in need of a stern hand. Perhaps I'll apply for the position. Razz

Karen: I'd like to speak to the manager

Me: Yo

Those harrdians will ride roughshod over you if allowed to.

That almost made me spit out my coffee!
Well played!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It sounds like a site in need of a stern hand. Perhaps I'll apply for the position. Razz

Karen: I'd like to speak to the manager

Me: Yo

Those harrdians will ride roughshod over you if allowed to.

I'm in for a tenner as just compensation for applying for the job. Would you be willing to share the inevitable shenanigans here?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My wife has certain responsibilities of which I’m appreciative.

Being the “Nextdoor filter” is certainly one of those. There is a limited value to the site, unfortunately. But she doesn’t bother me with the nonsense, unless it’s comical.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ours isn’t too bad here. Mostly businesses advertising services such as weed pulling and other lawn and maintenance services. Others post lost dogs and cats roaming.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
The only thing ND is good for is their classifieds...recently re-named to "Finds". Roll Eyes I've picked up a bunch of good stuff from there, and it's all very close.

Just this past weekend I scored a Weber Spirit E320 3 burner natural gas grill for $100 in great shape. I also got a almost new Porter Cable framing nailer for $50. Got a 1998 Honda XR250R dirtbike for $800 also. Way less scammers than Craigslist.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Nextdoor sounds hideous.

"Well...she's a guy, so......"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Nextdoor sounds hideous.

"Well...she's a guy, so......"

Except this guy is wearing clown pants with a hippie shirt and Jesus sandals (as Birkenstocks are sometime fondly referred to). Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
We have Nextdoor in our area. It’s nothing but a bunch of whiners, moaners and complainers. Oh and some freaking liberal kooks.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There's a guy just down the street from me, I don't know him yet, but I really need to meet him.

He keeps posting about feeding the neighborhood bear, the bear's preference for pizza, giving the bear belly-rubs, and generally inciting the Karens.

It's getting hysterically funny.

Latest is a Karen imploring him not to feed the bear, lest the bear attack their children. The guy replied "this particular bear is a vegetarian, so your babies are safe." ROFLMFAO

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I'm in for a tenner as just compensation for applying for the job. Would you be willing to share the inevitable shenanigans here?
Lacking an actual position as a moderator, I'd probably manage to get banned inside of ten posts.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS MOON WATER???

It dates from the 1800s and plays a part in the Wiccan religion

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There's a guy just down the street from me, I don't know him yet, but I really need to meet him.

He keeps posting about feeding the neighborhood bear, the bear's preference for pizza, giving the bear belly-rubs, and generally inciting the Karens.

It's getting hysterically funny.

Latest is a Karen imploring him not to feed the bear, lest the bear attack their children. The guy replied "this particular bear is a vegetarian, so your babies are safe." ROFLMFAO

Ask if the man is feeding it Gluten Free Vegetarian food. Bears need the carbs and sugars for the long winter. We would not want to feed the bear bad vegetarian food.

Does it have allergies?

quote:
Lacking an actual position as a moderator, I'd probably manage to get banned inside of ten posts.

So, would that be a dollar per post, or are we going with the meme 'those are rookie numbers?'

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It’s basically a hyper-local neighborhood based Facebook.

You’re missing nothing.

That was my take, and also my conclusion in giving it a pass, same as FB.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it could be entertaining at times. Is there a way to anonymously browse through it without letting on that I'm there?

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bears need the carbs and sugars for the long winter.
Do they hibernate here in Florida?

He feeds it pizza, so it probably gets the carbs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

Sounds like it could be entertaining at times. Is there a way to anonymously browse through it without letting on that I'm there?
Look at Nextdoor.com

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
My feed is all about coyotes eating cats and the cat owners demanding the extinction of the coyotes so their cats can roam the neighborhood killing birds and defecating in other peoples yards without facing the perils of being outside. Except for speeding cars. Speeding cars are probably fourth on the list.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post