SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nextdoor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nextdoor Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Next Door. No Dice.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Kinda fun to read through this thread. There was a push to get people to sign up for it around here a few years back. This is a rural area so I thought, “probably worth it.” It wasn’t. A couple posts said they lasted “two weeks.” Same here.

Oh, because it’s rural, there were a lot of “suspicious vehicles.”

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
A no go for me. As bad as Fakebook. I have a couple of cameras that are app based. There is some neighbor feature thing on the app, had to turn it off. You could tell people have no life at all. No hobbies, no nothing. Just sitting home all day, eating crackers, and trying to put their nose up everyone’s ass. I mean it was real bad last year. I kept getting these alerts with this utter nonsense.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
NextDoor shares the same flaw as Facebook.
Facebook reveals that your family is all batshit crazy.
NextDoor makes it clear that your neighbors are too.
In our ND "neighborhood" anyone who is not a Lefty gets shouted down. I got outta there.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
NextDoor shares the same flaw as Facebook.
Facebook reveals that your family is all batshit crazy.
NextDoor makes it clear that your neighbors are too.
In our ND "neighborhood" anyone who is not a Lefty gets shouted down. I got outta there.

My neighbor the Highway Patrolman talked me into getting on NextDoor. I made about 2 weeks before I got out and deleted the app.

Those women are all batshit crazy.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

In our ND "neighborhood" anyone who is not a Lefty gets shouted down.
We do have some liberals and Karens in our "neighborhood," but there's a healthy number of conservatives, some of whom have indicated an interest in guns, in their profiles.

I do not post in there very often, but when I do, it's usually a conservative type comment, sometimes smart-assed (yeah, I know that y'all don't believe I would do that). If anyone reacts to my posts it's either some sort of "like" or a follow-up agreeing with me. No negatives pointed at me. Yet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rolling my eyes

quote:
How to get owners to cut grass on private property. Hiiii! Our house backs up to a small pond that is private property to a house that also backs up to it (not too sure whose property). When we first moved in the grass around the pond was cut on a regular basis and kept very clean.

I don’t know how long it has been now, but several months at the least since this grass has been cut. It is now almost as tall as our fence.

Does anyone know how one goes about figuring out who is responsible for maintaining that area?

Posted in Ask a Neighbor to Anyone

Image of the offending grass

And the response of the day.

quote:
gretchen chapin
• West End
Call the County and they will put a notice on door to cut or they will cut and bill the owner. if that is your lawn backed up towards it, it should be in your county if not they can direct you to the right place. Tell them you see rats and lots of bugs.
4 days ago
Erin Reidel

gretchen chapin thank you I’m definitely going to reach out to henrico county!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I was banned from Next Door when I lived in West Hartford, CT. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my truck was broken into, I had ring camera footage of two brown yutes doing the deed, and was called a racist for describing them. They also got upset with me when I responded to someone asking for help with their vegetable garden. I told her what fertilizer to use and was accused of ruining mother earth for all future generations. I really wasn't a good fit in WeHa.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another social media site I'll never visit.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solid Gold from my local Nextdoor

“Topless skater. I saw a post that is now deleted about a scantily clad woman with a stroller. I saw her about 12:50 pm today at the corner of Calendar and Sublett. She was pushing a stroller with a baby in it, wearing roller blades, shorts, and headphones. Does Texas have laws about upper attire for women? Do I call non emergency police?”

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
Solid Gold from my local Nextdoor

“Topless skater. I saw a post that is now deleted about a scantily clad woman with a stroller. I saw her about 12:50 pm today at the corner of Calendar and Sublett. She was pushing a stroller with a baby in it, wearing roller blades, shorts, and headphones. Does Texas have laws about upper attire for women? Do I call non emergency police?”

You should reply with "Titty Wop ... oops, meant TTIWWOP" Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Nextdoor is a poor-man’s FaceBook, and just as useless. Another Social Justice Warrior, err…social media outlet, that has way too many Leftist Nazis telling you how to behave.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Some of these, yeah, but in my location there is a LOT of push-back against the Karens, and each push-back gathers many "likes."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next door had a blurb last year about a topless woman being arrested at a local swimming hole. An LE said she was not arrested for being topless as that’s not illegal in itself. She was arrested for something else.

I suggested she was arrested for a violation of the open carry act. IE “ Brandishing 38s”.

Some found that amusing. Not so for a couple of Karens.

Otherwise we stay up to date on dog pooping incidents and coyote and cougar sightings. 4 legged critters, not the upright human female cougars.

The cougar and coyotes cull the neighborhood deer and house cat populations.

Posts: 1606 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a lot of "be kind to bums" posts. One got arrested for harassment and threatening recently, the Karens had a bitch fit. I think I'm done with it.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got invited to be a Community Reviewer on Nextdoor. I accepted, thinking the role was more like a moderator, and hoping to have some positive effect on the site. Our site is not too bad. Still a lot of nuts, but I just do "Hide Post" on the OP of a thread and the whole thread disappears off my feed. There are some useful posts on our site and it is a decent place to get local recommendations.

The "moderation" system is ridiculous, though. Anyone can report a post. Then reviewers like me vote on whether to keep or delete the post. Some are auto deleted by the system if they use certain language. I have found the reviewers to be almost as idiotic as the members. I mean dumb as bricks in some cases.

Also, I took a bit of the reviewer training, which thankfully is not required. It is super-woke and left wing. I also found out the CEO of ND is a raging lib. I only keep reviewing to try and represent that other side.

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post