SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Washing Machine / Vegas Trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Machine / Vegas Trip Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
2 weeks ago my 4 year old maytag quit working. dead no power. I contact the repair shop. It will be 2 weeks to look at it. And if it is the computer board. They are back ordered and I have no idea when we will get them in.

So I just bought a new cheaper one to replace it. It was supposed to be delivered today. When the delivery guys got here they took the packaging off and the new one was beat to hell..dents, missing dial and a crack in the enamel.

I was supposed to go to Vegas last week for my 20th wedding anniversary and Allegiant tested me 4 hours before the flight to tell me it was cancelled Mad. Then had to try to get everything I had planned cancelled !

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The way your luck is running today, it's probably A Good Thing that your Vegas trip was cancelled.

Especially on Allegiant!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Don't worry too much about your flight being cancelled. It will all come out in the wash.

Oh, wait....

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
We also have a Maytag washer, also about 4 yrs old. Same thing happened, just went dead. Found this hack on the net and believe it or not it worked. Been running fine since.

https://danmarcappliance.com/w...set-a-maytag-washer/

The lid lift method

If you have a top-loader Maytag washer, you may be able to reset it by lifting the lid six times. However, you only have 12 seconds to do it.

Unplug the washer for 1 minute.
Reconnect the power and lift the lid and close it six times within a 12 second period. This process must be completed within 30 seconds from when you reconnect the power.
Note that the lid must properly close six times in a row for the method to work.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a Tik Tok challenge?

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Half the appliances we get look like they were thrown off a cliff. What sucks is we can’t open the packaging to verify condition. This is happening at the factory because the outer packaging is usually intact. Mad

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
We've had problems with damage from shipping for years. We combat it by opening up everything we get before it reaches the customer. The employee who has to stop what he's doing to do it is pissed because sometimes its 2 hours out of his day. The truck driver is really pissed because those folks like to drop and go as quickly as possible. Independent trucking lines are the worst. We've gotten packages with tire tracks on them. We go out of our way to look for vendors who do their own trucking. If damage is not noted and initialed by the driver we have hell getting any of it taken care of from some vendors.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Needed to replace our kitchen stove in 2016 after a major flood event that destroyed our home. Home depot delivered the stove 3 weeks after placing the order which after getting it into the kitchen and unpacking found major damage with the oven door failure to open due to damage...... had to wait 3 more weeks for replacement to be delivered which was also damaged with right side crushed in to the point that the wire shelves could not be moved or removed....... delivery refused and had to wait another 3 weeks for its replacement... But had the delivery crew actually unpackage the stove before they even took it off the back of the truck which some how it actually arrived undamaged which we accepted..... 1st and 2nd stove the shipping packaging was undamaged with no external marks so they were damaged prior to packaging.... Some body trying to sneak damaged product out to customers. ............. drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post