SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got fired today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got fired today Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are done with it. Enjoy your retirement and don't forget about unemployment benefits. Might as well grab it if you can.

As far as your Bengals go...they better damn well lose today!!! Razz

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
He may not qualify for unemployment benefits here.

If the company can provide documentation showing he was fired because his two week vacation leave request was denied but he then didn't show up for work for two weeks anyway, then that would likely mean denial of unemployment benefits.

Luckily, he said he doesn't need the money.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I'm slipping
back into depression. I'll get over it. I hope.

That's my concern, and that's certainly what I read in this thread.

You've got a lot on your plate, and you have, for some time. Depression isn't short term, and it's not something one simply gets over. It's not something one should tackle alone. Remove a coal from a fire, it cools. Put it back, it glows. You've been experiencing a lot of loss, in a lot of ways. You need to understand that not everything is lost.

You have lifelines. Friends. You matter. You matter to your friends and to your family. Job or not, you matter. Know that, and know that you matter to others, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take some time and then look into doing something that you like. Just don't stop and let depression take hold. If a Veteran, visit Dayton or Cincinnati VA or Community based outpatient clinic for support groups.

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!! Bengals win. I'm finally in a good mood.

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great game

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a Cincinnati vs. San Francisco rematch myself.

Not been fired unjustly but have been laid off twice in a year and a half. Once due to COVID-19 combining reduced production of two facilities into one & the last being replaced by computer automation. Just not a very good feeling at all. I am currently re-evaluating my path forward as far as future career.

Just know that you are not alone. I am typically not the one that knows the right words to say. However, there are a lot of good people here that are willing to assist.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new found free time!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post