SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lost my Kobun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Kobun Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Yes, I bought an inexpensive fixed blade Kobun for very few bucks. But, I managed to lose it from the strap of a camera bag on a four-mile hike. It was a good knife, unused. The belt clip is apparently useless on a typical webbing strap.

I will return to the scene of the crime tomorrow, if the weather holds for BMW K1600GT riding. I'll take the reverse route, and hope the leaves covered it up just enough. Most people aren't observant, so maybe I'll find it.

If not, I may purchase another one. They've gone up in price quite a bit, though.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Got any friends with metal detectors? That might help.
Good luck.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16483 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Friend with detector — yes. Sadly the detector is way far away.

I will have to look for straight edges in amongst the randomness and curvature of nature.

-------

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Got an electric leaf blower?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K1600GT? The Bavarian Cruise Missile!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It is certainly the fastest and most comprehensively capable motorcycle I’ve ever had. 165 hp will take you to 88 mph in no time.

-------

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Velcro wire/gear wraps are good for securing stuff like that if you don’t want to ziptie or tape it.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Losing stuff bugs me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Losing stuff bugs me.
Me too . Happens far too often these days .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I went back to the scene of the crime. I dashed 4.2 miles around the hill, and didn’t see nothing. Except for a black flip flop, a brown beer bottle, a clear water bottle, and a few oddly colored black rocks. With all the people wandering around, I’m sure someone has picked up a new Kobun by now. It was a long shot. I did get to the renowned bagel dispensary for lunch, and picked up six NY style bagels for my wife. And, I got to ride 154 miles. Not all bad.

-------

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
165 hp will take you to 88 mph in no time.

Bet you see some serious shit at that speed....

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a brief test ride on one. Very impressive! But with a short riding season, I couldnt justify 22K.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

picked up six NY style bagels
Any bialys?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
http://www.bodosbagels.com/

I don’t know what a bialys bagel is. I just bought the plain bagels.

-------

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

I don’t know what a bialys bagel is. I just bought the plain bagels.
Bialy: imagine, if you will, a bread product that tastes somewhat like an onion bagel, with consistency more like an English muffin than a bagel.

Best enjoyed fresh. I mean REALLY fresh, like still warm, right out of the oven. Apply some butter and enjoy with a cup of good coffee or a glass of fresh squeezed Florida orange juice.

If you don't have access to a Mom & Pop bagel bakery, your grocery store might carry Ray's brand of bialys in the freezer section. Thaw one and toast it lightly, not really toasted, just enough to warm it up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
https://knifeworks.com/cold-st...blade-kraton-handle/

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19101 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the knife

Really miss getting bagels from Bodo's since I left Charlottesville in '09. Worked walking distance from the downtown Bodo's for 6 years.

Their egg salad on a garlic bagel...to die for.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Had my lost my Olight thread & your Kobun thread.

A new Olight showed up for Christmas & a Kobun for my birthday Cool

I can see how it could become dislodged, the clip doesn't seem to hold with more tension than the sheath retention. Had the whole thing come out instead of just the blade.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
That clip on the scabbard is what keeps me from plunking down $40 for a replacement. I am searching various sellers online for a better knife. The recon tanto with the scabbard that I lash into a pack won't vanish. But, hard to deploy.

-------