SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Annoying terms that are not empathetic but try to convey Solidarity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annoying terms that are not empathetic but try to convey Solidarity Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Git-R-Done!

No, wait. I like that one. Let's keep it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yeah if you are Larry the Cable guy.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Let's go Brandon!" is getting quite stale, as far as I'm concerned. The novelty has worn off. I prefer them to say the real thing out loud, "Fuck Joe Biden!"

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“We need to” or “let’s have “ conversation.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tolerance. I don't know anyone who appreciates being tolerated.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We need to” or “let’s have “ conversation.

Every time I hear that, it's a euphemism for an ass chewing.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
"We Stand in Solidarity with... (who the heck ever)"

Noun: Solidarity, unity of agreement or action. Mutual support.

So you may be in solidarity with, or have a feeling of solidarity, or wish for solidarity, but how do you stand in it?

It's too much. It's a perfectly good word all by its lonesome but your word salad needs dressing so you 'stand' in it.

Could you grovel in solidarity, fart-around in solidarity, hop-scotch in solidarity?

I suppose it's supposed to sound tough-guy-ish but it sounds moronic.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The phrase "if you will" seems to be added as a tag line at the end of a sentence with increasing frequency. Don't know why people do it.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Anyone that has worked for a Fortune 500 company has been inundated with those and many other annoying buzz words and phrases . Every meeting of any type was always an excrutiating experience .

Absolutely. I used to play corporate-speak bingo with some colleagues. "Synergy" was always a popular word that got a lot of wins. Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abundance of caution, equity, diversity, the list could go on and on, but then I'd have to circle back.

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 83 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Our curriculum is culturally sensitive.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Hearing the term "misinformation" all the time is driving me crazy.
Use of the term is misinformation in an of itself . Frown

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justice for....

Closure is a close second.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
social media influencers really ticks me off.

"Evil can never be dead enough" Brevard County, Fla., sheriff Wayne Ivey

Posts: 83 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post