SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Annoying terms that are not empathetic but try to convey Solidarity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annoying terms that are not empathetic but try to convey Solidarity Login/Join 
posted
The word "strong"after every disaster, eg. Louisiana Strong. The word nation following a Sports team. Raider nation. George Carlin would have a great day with these words. Reach out was bad enough.

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Play games with it. Use a riff on "reach out". For example, the next time you are tasked to convince someone of something, just say, "I'll reach around him and see if we can find a mutually satisfying way to come to a solution."

Let me know how that goes.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12741 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Empowering...

God I hate that word.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
'Build back better' and worse, 'Better together'

What utter dross. Words that mean absolutely nothing. Complete, 100%, 18 carat, ocean-going pablum for the unwashed and clueless.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found "alone together" too be particularly annoying.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Onboarding.” I thought I was going on a cruise instead of getting hired.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Deplaning. Uggh

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Disrupt. All versions have become annoying to me.

As far as I'm concerned disrupters are what bad guys carried on their hips in Star Trek...not what we used to call yuppies or whatever.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Low hanging fruit.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Disinformation
Debunk

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8306 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Synergy.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1362 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
inclusion

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Diversity is our strength:

BS, having different skin colors or other characteristics does not improve output, quality, or effectiveness.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion.....Toxic Masculinity, Woman's Empowerment, Girlpower, Science is Real........ Or any other bumper sticker nonsense....

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yeah "blahblah STRONG" aggravates the hell out of me, and it's everywhere!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No doubt "diversity" comes to mind.

When you want to show love for one group at the expense of another that does not seem productive to me.

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
I found "alone together" too be particularly annoying.
I saw that for the first time this morning.

"Alone Together" PSA

No, motherfuckers, I'm not going to shut myself up in my house out of fear of Commie Cooties.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"overabundance of confidence"

used with a condescending, faux-empathetic: "we know more than you, yet don't know enough about a situation to bother to get knowledgeable, so we're going to opt-out of something, or take draconian measure, which later turne out to be drastically overdone, because we acted out of an overabundance of caution."

Nothing in life has no risk, and copping this BS "route/tone" really means, to me, that they cannot be bothered, or are incapable of, assessing the risks and proceeding accordingly = let's PUNT!

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone that has worked for a Fortune 500 company has been inundated with those and many other annoying buzz words and phrases . Every meeting of any type was always an excrutiating experience .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
One that's reappeared lately:

quote:
Laser-focussed

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post