SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People that think walking around in public on speaker phone is acceptable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People that think walking around in public on speaker phone is acceptable Login/Join 
posted
I don’t know when this became a normal, but it’s amazing to me how inconsiderate people are that think it’s acceptable to walk around in public on speaker phone.

Was walking around the grocery store today and saw two different people on speaker phone just wandering around having their conversations on speaker phone

Posts: 1305 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The people on their bluetooth having conversations in public is almost as bad. I will never get used to people talking to themselves.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
They've obliviots (oblivious + idiot).

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always start talking to the people on the other end ,
Did you know they are in a restaurant and everyone in the place is staring at Jim ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was walking around the grocery store today and saw two different people on speaker phone just wandering around having their conversations on speaker phone

I especially like it when they're using FaceTime! Roll Eyes

There are times when I 'almost' feel compelled to 'join in' on their conversation! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It only bothers me when they are being obnoxious about it. I prefer to actually talk on the phone instead of thru earbuds because then I'm speaking directly into the microphone, while holding the phone to my ear, and don't have to speak loud enough for the bluetooth earpeace to pick up the sound of my voice. However, when I'm at home, I often answer the phone on my Galaxy watch so I can feel like Dick Tracy.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Occasionally do it with FaceTime in the store when I'm checking on something with the wife that she wanted, that way you get video, instant answer without Texting for 10 minutes...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
My cellphone peeve is people who don't want to answer a call and let it ring instead of hitting the cancel button.

I've asked a couple people, "Would you like me to answer that?"

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Someone for the past few weeks at church has been letting their phone chirp with some distinctive little “beep beep beep boop boop boop bop”. You’d think they would have figured it out the first time this happened but they’re too dumb or oblivious to the ringer switch feature on all phones nowadays.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Remember Nextel Phones, with the two way feature back then it was cool to have that setup... still obnoxious to many I'm sure...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Spousal unit and I were sitting in a restaurant Thursday evening for a nice dinner before seeing a theatre production. Old goober asshole 2 tables away in the corner is doing something on his phone (I never heard him say anything) and had the speaker on and volume seemingly wide open!

It was all I could do to not go say something to him, but these days you never know what you're going to start by doing such, so I kept quiet until he left!

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It seems that two people speaking to each other in person, audibly, to anyone else, is acceptable. But, one person, speaking to a phone-enabled representation of a person, audibly, is not.

Loud and obnoxious behavior is of course condemnable. But, quiet conversations between two people in public places happen all the time. In this case, one is represented by an audible phone. I can't see a difference if courtsey is maintained.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post