SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ebay Vendor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay Vendor Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I did a “Buy It Now” last week for an upholstery kit for my Jeep. Paid immediately. Two days later I get an email from eBay that I was refunded as the seller stated “cancelled by buyer”.

Unfortunately this was not the case. Parts seller was out of Garland Texas. Coincidentally there is now a different seller also out of Garland with the same kit offered at around a hundred dollars higher. I call B.S. on this. I emailed eBay with no response and cannot leave the seller a negative which they deserve.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

I emailed eBay with no response
There are links at the bottom of eBay web pages for "Contact Us." They don't make it easy, but you can navigate the labyrinth and eventually find choices for "Chat" or leave a request to be called back within a few minutes.

The call back option is not useful for me, telephone conversations don't work well because hearing aids, so I tried chat. Totally useless. A lot of "I'm sorry that your eBay experience did not meet your expectations," but no real help at all.

My conclusion: don't expect anything from eBay, except maybe a refund if you pay for something and don't receive it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
ebay is a joke it's been ruined, it used to be a great place to do business, it was quick easy and you could leave crappy feedback if need be now everyone gets a 100 percent trophy.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'm going to hijack this thread real quick to vent about MY issue with ebay vendors.

I've been casually browsing looking for an older style miter box and saw (Stanley #60, 358, or similar), similar to the one my grandfather had. I've found several that fit the bill, and I was almost ready to pull the trigger until I saw the shipping cost. The tools themselves are a good $75 and up, and they want anywhere from $60 to $110 for shipping.

You can NOT justify $110 in shipping costs for the tools I'm looking at. It's a blatant cash grab meant to lure you in with a reasonable item price and then cave your wallet's skull in and take you for all you've got.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post