SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Benelli M4 Burndown Ep. 1: What Happened
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4 Burndown Ep. 1: What Happened Login/Join 
posted
M4

In this episode of TFBTV, James Reeves finally listens to you and subjects his Benelli M4 to the patented TFBTV 500-round shotgun burndown. Many rightfully consider the Benelli M4 to be the best of the best in terms of combat shotguns, so when James runs into several issues with his – what happened? We find out in today’s video.

Hopefully I’ve posted the links right and am I in bounds with the forum rules.

I don’t check this site often- really only on ocassion to see if there are any manufacturer sales posted.

So to just get at it and hope its cool, this MFER makes my blood boil. He’s another arrogant clown making money “influencing”.

For the last several months he’s been stroking the Berrata 1301 tactical like it had him over a desk.

What a surprise that suddenly he does a “viewer demanded” video that has a Benelli breaking/failing.

Oh’geez James- I’m getting a case of the vapors, you paid shill.

It really made sense when I saw the post from the boss about the heart-breaking retirement home abuse.

This paid shill is out with a dishonest link topic and then saying “oh’sorry, it was me”.

I’ve never seen anything on the net of a M-4 failing.

I state that if YOU are the cause of a product, any product, unusually failing then you should check yourself.

This to me is paid bashing.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I was following your rant right up till you talked about the retirement home abuse of an elder. What the fuck does that have to do with this? You say “it all makes sense” after you read that thread. What?

If you hate paid shills don’t ever read any gun magazines. It’s all they are.

Posts: 7536 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, James is a long time member here but does not post much. I generally enjoy his content.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point about the retirement home comparrison is that the boss is sprending the news/making it viral via an algorithm link and description.

That is what the paid shill M4 basher is doing.

As far as your recommended comments regarding my reading habits.

1. I posted why I visit the site.

2. Are we not at least loosley cordial here?

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Did you watch the whole video? I saw it earlier before your thread here. James clearly stated more than once that the gun failed because of his “gunsmith” and the aftermarket parts that were needed due to the OEM Benelli ones being unobtanium. Confused

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Are you aware that Benelli is owned by Beretta?

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the Benelli ripped apart some iffy 'green' ammo of questionable repute, aftermarket parts on the M4 failed and there was found some questionable 'bubba' gunsmithing quality on the gun...and suddenly now James is mystically a shill for the Beretta 1301? How you got from one to the other makes zero sense. He was clear that he found no fault with the M4 itself, and said so multiple times during the vid. Bad choices in parts and apparently equally bad gunsmith workmanship fitting many of those parts to the M4 is what stopped the M4, particularly after the Strike Industries handguard failed. How do you figure that he now blamed the shotgun itself for that?

-MG

Posts: 1997 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
He’s another arrogant clown making money “influencing”.

I disagree with some of your comments. I enjoy the content TFB puts out and find it helpful and enjoyable. Im always impressed by how well these channels put out content.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Loosely cordial” doesn’t mean I will agree with everything that spills out of your pie hole. Algorithms? Ok, I guess.

I don’t give a fuck about your reading habits. At all. I’m just surprised that you just now figured out that most gun reviews on the internet have a financial sponsorship angle. He clearly goes on paid European trips to factories to review stuff. It just now occurred to you money was involved? Gun mags have been doing this for decades. If you only come here for “manufacturer sales” posts then you are missing out on good discussions.

As for the video, your post still doesn’t make sense. In the first 5 minutes he clearly says it’s not the Benelli it’s the aftermarket parts he added. He doesn’t blast the gun in this video. Did you actually watch the video?

If it’s between your nonsensical post and Jame’s shilling, I’m going with the shilling ‘cause at least it makes sense.

Posts: 7536 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
pedropcola, cool it. You find yourself in such exchanges too often. Just take it easy. See the comment just above your last one? Take a hint. There's a way to disagree. Getting upset about something like this is not the way to go. You could have asked for clarification in a polite way. Instead, you got all revved up and made it contentious.

Let the man have his thread.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:

Well... when you lead off your own thread by calling a fellow forum member a "MFer" and "arrogant clown" and making references to "stroking [Beretta] off like it had him bent over a desk", some might see that as setting the tone for the subsequent replies.

Also, there's not really much reason for a company to pay someone to bash one higher end product line from that company and shill for a different cheaper product line from that same company.

I'm going to venture to guess that you didn't realize Beretta has owned Benelli for over 20 years.

In addition, even if they were competitors and he were a paid shill for Beretta as you claim, he'd be blaming the Benelli, not the aftermarket parts and gunsmithing as he does in this video.

However, I will say that for whatever reason, the style of James Reeves' presentation and delivery in his videos just doesn't do it for me personally. But the same can also be said for some of the other most prominent Youtube gun channel hosts, like nutnfancy and Hickok45.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Well... when you lead off your own thread by calling a fellow forum member a "MFer" and "arrogant clown" and making references to "stroking [Beretta] off like it had him bent over a desk", some might see that as setting the tone for the subsequent replies.
OK, hold on.

That is not fair. I'm wagering Underdog had no idea that the man is a member of this forum. Do you want to know who else didn't know this? I didn't know this.

And I'll bet, RogueJSK, that you, too, figured that Underdog didn't know the man was a member of this forum and if you want to see me at my worst, let's just keep up these kinds of games.

I am telling guys to COOL IT. Be polite.

posted Hide Post
Sorry.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
His forum handle is Obey.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it rather amusing that semi auto shotgun shooters think 500 rounds is a torture test. In the world of competitive Skeet shooting 500 rounds is just another weekend of shooting. BTW, a full Registered shoot will have a 4 box event for the Doubles and then 4 box events for each of the 4 calibers shot in competition and they typically run a full weekend plus half of a Friday.

Point is, 500 rounds isn't a torture test, it's a walk in the park.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5652 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve never seen anything on the net of a M-4 failing.

Depends on where you look or don't, especially if you discount anything negative as fabricated. The barrel rings break off the barrels (though I think it's most often related to people putting aftermarket forends on them, but not always.) Point being, just because you haven't heard about things doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the video. I thought James was very clear about what went wrong (aftermarket parts) and very complimentary to the M4. One of the things that I think he's trying to point out is all of the stuff you have to do to an M4 to make it as functional as a 1301. As the owner of both, I agree.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
If anything he deserves to be made fun of for spending money on, and installing a Strike Industries part.

Posts: 9971 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
If anything he deserves to be made fun of for spending money on, and installing a Strike Industries part.
I was not familiar with this company. I took a look at their webpage. So very Instagrammy.

I noticed that their Benelli bolt handle is "extended for versatile operation". What do it do? I mean, besides allowing you to retract the bolt. Confused

Underdog, I cleared the ground for you. Get in here, man. Da choppah has left the LZ.