SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stores/restaurants only unlocking one door
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stores/restaurants only unlocking one door Login/Join 
posted
I find this more and more every day. Business has two pull/push doors next to each other and one of them is locked.

I can only assume its a halfwit employee who forgets or is too lazy to open both doors.

Nothing better for business then having your customers bounce off a locked door.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it really pisses me off to try & exit the right door. Banks are the worst. I also heard it was against fire codes but is not enforced.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This pisses me off as well. And if you're going to do it at least put a freaking note on the door that's locked!!

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
That'll get a business a big fine from the fire marshal if caught.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
The Mexican restaurant near us is like this and it drives me nuts every time! Double glass doors and one is always locked. The restaurant across the street always has both doors open so props to them.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A Habit Burger in my area does this from time to time.

I have no idea why.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mexican restaurant where we eat most Sundays is the same way....only one day unlocked and these doors are the only exit for the entire building. Most days when we leave the place is packed and people are standing in line. If there is ever an emergency people will be jammed at the door like you would not believe. The place will hold close to 200 folks scattered over 3 large rooms.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just reach up and undo the latches and proceed through the right hand door to exit.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
I just reach up and undo the latches and proceed through the right hand door to exit.

Yes! I’ve done this. The real fun is the rare occasion you get called out on it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12416 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s common out here, especially in winter and spring to keep the door locked that would catch the wind when opened. This is both to keep the door from being damaged and to protect a customer who might be hurt if the door is violently blown open. I have no idea what the reason might be in places where high winds are not the issue.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been one of my biggest pet peeves for decades!

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's true , but a guy once told me it was to foil the grab and go shoplifters . People naturally go for the right hand door so somebody running out of the store will smash into the locked door and possibly drop their loot or knock themselves silly . Probably BS but it sounds good anyway .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:

Yes! I’ve done this. The real fun is the rare occasion you get called out on it.

excellent

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post