SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A suggestion for thread quality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A suggestion for thread quality Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Let's say an OP asks a question that makes little sense to the majority of forumites. For example, a recent thread questioned if the use of a WML to illuminate for purposes of discovery was wise. Within a few posts, the answer was obvious, but the thread continued with ongoing statements of similarity. The OP even replied with some sheepishness, but more posts were made.

I felt badly for the OP.

Would it be helpful if we avoided adding replies, when answers are complete? Would it be helpful for the thread title to be edited to reflect that the original question has been answered?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yes and no.

Yes: It would be a good idea.

No: It's not going to happen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would it be helpful if we avoided adding replies, when answers are complete?

And miss out on a chance to get our digs in, pile on and sit back from our devices feeling smug and insufferably pleased with ourselves? Are you kidding?

I didn't participate in that thread for the very reasons above, but I'll cop to feeling a little smug about it. Razz

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Yeah, what he said.

Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes someone much later in the thread might have a different perspective or idea, some people need to have thicker skin.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I also get tired if the constant rehash ...
But It is for the ppl to put their words of wisdom out there, not for the receiver that threads even exist.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
So, you’re suggesting that people read the replies before posting their thoughts? Where’s the fun in that?

Posts: 26896 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
post_count = post_count + 1

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
post_count = post_count + 1
Post_count++;

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Most definitely, maybe.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vague thread titles. I thought this was about sheets or men's clothing. You know thread count and such.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

Aw, crap. Now you've done it. Arc's gonna come shut this one down....

Uncalled for.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post