SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NRA Scam?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Scam? Login/Join 
posted
I am seeing this too often, for it to be an honest mistake. It started with gun magazine subscriptions. Sometimes you get a subscription renewal months before it is due to expire or 4-6 weeks after you renew, you get a second renewal notice, apparently in the hope that you won't remember, that you have already renewed. It's a way to get you signed up for two years instead of one.
Well yesterday, I get a notice from the NRA, that my membership is due for renewal. Never mind the fact, that I sent them a check for renewal 6 weeks ago, at the end of June. So were I not paying attention and sent them a second check, they would graciously extend my membership for another year, while getting the money a year early. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the NRA's desperate need for funds.

Posts: 2477 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'll never forget the NRA rep who told me he could get me a great deal if I renewed my LIFE membership with him today.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 15120 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

All your 10mm are belong to us

Posts: 10515 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
While it's POSSIBLE that they just hadn't fully processed your renewal yet, NRA has a long history of jumping the gun on renewal notices. I usually renew for 3 years at a time, and it's never more than 6 months later before I start getting the "Renew now before your membership expires!" mailings. It's annoying, not to mention wasteful.

Posts: 6712 | Location: Idaho (finally escaped the left coast!) | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's not just the NRA, it's everywhere.

The biggest one is car warranties, closely followed by appliance warranties.

Posts: 9909 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Could be a scam if it was not generated by the NRA.
Or could be just that one dept. isn't paying attention to the other or it it just bulk advertising.
Not a big deal if just an email.

Posts: 20926 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He must have been personally trained by LaPierre.

Posts: 2477 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Last week I received Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) stamped envelopes for August, September and October donations.

So what is a catchy phrase to place in the envelope each month...WAYNE....BYE BYE, WAYNE NEEDS A WALKER?

Posts: 11502 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

My grandfather did that with Reader's Digest. Somehow they sent him enough renewal notices that my mom had 11 years, yes 11 years of them coming. I tried to call but got nowhere with them.

Posts: 167 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
right now I'm very disappointed in the NRA.

on a key State initiative, they were asleep at the wheel.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10093 | Location: Salem. No, not that Salem.  | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
AAA recently hit my credit for the yearly renewal 2 MONTHS early.

Pissed me off because I could have sworn I was not on any sort of auto renewal, and 2 months early.

Posts: 11135 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
About two years ago got a case of the "go go rouge" and returned a membership renewal notice ( cut up to small size bits) with a note to not contact me till brother wayne was shown the door... Guess what??? Last week recieved a membership request notice and guess who"s signature was on the letter. Yes it was signed by brother wayne. .... Placed in the round filing storage container!!!!! .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1405 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a renewal notice, too... three years early. I didn't even open it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 1905 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post