SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is there ever enough Fedex rants?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there ever enough Fedex rants? Login/Join 
posted
So I have an FFL at my brothers house and one at our storefront. We’ve gotten rid of most of the transfers to the house since we’ve got the store now, but occasionally something still gets sent to the Ffl at the house and we Are rarely there so we miss it.

No big deal. We take the tag to the fedex holding facility and pick it up. It’s about 30 miles away so it’s not convenient, but it is what it is.

Today there was a guy I’ve never seen there before and he was quite the character.

First there’s 2 people working the counter and I’m standing in line listening to him complain to his coworker how she needs to hurry up because there’s a line (inappropriate, but whatever not my problem)

Then he yells across the room telling me I need to put a mask on (we don’t have any mandates here, but it’s their business so they can request whatever they want) I tell him I don’t have a mask because they are no required anymore but if he’d like to bring my package outside I’d be happy to wait outside or he can give me a mask (pretty much every business that still requires masks for no reason will give you a mask)… Finally after we argue for a little bit across the room he says all I had to do was ask for a mask… listen moron.. I did.. so he gives me a mask

Ok back to sitting in line. There’s probably 3-4 people in front of me and every person has left pissed off even though it’s just a package pickup center… there’s really no reason to leave pissed except the guys an asshole.

Ok my turn. I walk up to counter hand the guy my door tag along with my ID and my business card. He then tells me he can’t give me my package because my ID doesn’t have the correct address on it. No shit, that’s why I have the business card with the address, business name, and my name on it (I always thought this was weird, but the first time I attempted to pick up a package I brought all my Corp commission paperwork proving I own the company and they wouldn’t give me the package because they said I needed a business card so ever since then I’ve given them a business card and never had an issue)

He goes on to say something about the rules are the rules. So I ask him why his rules are different than every other employee I’ve dealt with in the past 6 years. So I ask him how businesses are to pick up a package if they need to because most people don’t live at the business so their ID wouldn’t have the business address on it. He then continues to tell me well company policy your ID has to have the address on it… so I tell him to get a manager or literally anybody else because he’s an asshat and an idiot.

Finally he goes to the back to check with his manager. Finally a little while later he comes out with a package. He tells me his manager made the exception so they’ll give it to me. So at this point I’m already mad so I ask him what exception was made exactly? The one that says I have everything I need so therefore you’re going to give me my package? There’s no exception here this is just doing what you should have done 30 min ago instead of being an ass and wasting my time.

Anyway I got the package and all is well, but I really hate stupid people. In the 30-45min I was there I probably saw 10 people go through this place and probably 8 of them left pissed off

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Wow! What an imbecile!

He would have had a major problem with my ID. I usually use a passport card for ID. There is no address on it.

Or the Florida carry permit is a state-issued photo ID, more or less similar in appearance to a Florida driver license, but the carry permit does not have an address.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a FedEx package coming today, originally yesterday. I guess as long as they don’t lose it I’ll be happy.

I think good help is hard to find now, with common sense too.

Posts: 6176 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Got FedEx yesterday. Right on time as usual for this area.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I have a FedEx package coming today, originally yesterday. I guess as long as they don’t lose it I’ll be happy.

I think good help is hard to find now, with common sense too.

That’s true. Ever since covid started it seems like customer service has gone out the window at a lot of places. And I’m not talking about catering to assholes, because I think more businesses should tell people to piss off when they are jerks, but just basic customer service like smiling, saying good ____ (insert time of day), how can I help you?

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Got FedEx yesterday. Right on time as usual for this area.

Sometimes our deliveries are 9am and sometimes they are 5pm. I’d rather just drive the couple miles in the evening when I don’t have anything else to do than sit around all day waiting for them when I have better things to do. It’s amazing the FedEx express people used to be the better of the 2 sides… now it seems as if the ground people are stepping their game up and the air people are starting to suck.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Anyway I got the package and all is well, but I really hate stupid people. In the 30-45min I was there I probably saw 10 people go through this place and probably 8 of them left pissed off

Yikes, what an ass. You might want to write a note to their corporate and see if you might be able to get that jerk replaced by a normal human. That'd be a public service, based on your experience.

I couldn't find an email address, but here's the address for written complaints in North America :

FedEx Customer Relations
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Ever consider the counter person doesn't like his job? Just causing trouble for the fun of it or to break up the monotony of his day?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Ever consider the counter person doesn't like his job? Just causing trouble for the fun of it or to break up the monotony of his day?

Quite possible he wants to get fired and then collect unemployment compensation with a few extra hundred bucks from the Feds added?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I solved all my problems with fedex more than 3 years ago. I don't do business with them at all.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
My ammo usually is shipped through FedEx, with signature required. I asked my driver to give me some of their doortags, and I pre-sign them. He takes the tag and leaves my package out of sight. In fact, he thought that was a great idea, as he doesn't have to make return trips.

You can also re-route your packages to another address or to a local FedEx Office.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have had so many great experiences with FedEx. They do a very good job. So no complains here. USPS on the other hand have my package one week now and it has gotten to its destination yet.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there ever enough Fedex rants?

All it takes is one problem delivery to push one over the edge and that goes for all carriers.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corporate training took a nose dive 20 or thirty tears ago. You now have the intersection of no training with employees who can not think for themselves. Don't see how it can get better. Enjoy these days

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post