SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This gender pronoun garbage may be what finally breaks me.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This gender pronoun garbage may be what finally breaks me. Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'd figure out some reason to "let go" of whoever wrote that waste of paper. They have proven themselves to be a potential liability and waste too much time (assuming on company time) whining about make believe bullshit.
Not to mention batshit crazy.

Good luck with that...unless they take a dump on your desk...on a regular schedule, while swinging a dead cat... HR will not take actions against them. And these people know it

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good luck with that...unless they take a dump on your desk...on a regular schedule, while swinging a dead cat... HR will not take actions against them. And these people know it

To quote the late, great, Ed McMahon, “you are correct sir!”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So whats the outcome, if you can share, be interested to know how it was or is handled.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Bro, this is easy.

All the transgender freaks are herby bottom performers. Their lackluster work performance will be documented daily. Verbal warnings (documented) followed by written warnings (documented) followed by written counseling sessions (documented) followed by a final warning (documented) and then termination.

Bye he/her! Don't make waves in your place of employment if you want a job. Period.

I can deal with a mentally challenged confused fuck if they do their job sufficiently and don't complain and don't make waves. The minute you become a pain in my ass, you are fucking gone. Its a shame we tried to provide all the training and support necessary for you to become a contributing employee, but you unfortunately failed to make improvements. Bye.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to fire someone who is paid hourly, just bird dog their timesheets and any security/badge/camera records of when they actually come and go. Invariably there will be a day when they made a mistake on their timesheet, or they will have failed to clock out and back in when leaving for some reason or another. Falsifying time is an open and shut case.

But I do like the She/It pronoun idea...

But I think it would be more effective to select pronouns that change gender as a function of grammar - one for being a subject, a different one for being an object. Like he/her or she/him. Then when they screw up their grammar they screw up the pronoun even if they didn't intend to.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to do a 4-hour "Conscious Inclusion Learning Experience", actually everyone in my organization has to do it. Had to learn the science behind unconscious bias and why it exists and how it impacts people. Maybe the worst 4-hours of work ever. I would take unloading the cement bags off the truck by hand again on the 100-degree day or picking the rotten tomatoes out of the bins and throwing them in a week old 40-gallon drum over that training.

Posts: 163 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know what it is like at Biglaw now, but at our 15 lawyer firm, none of this raises its ugly head. Thank goodness.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
We have two “transitioning” people at work so we have to be careful what we say. They’re both nice and haven’t started any trouble. Yet.

So you have two mentally disturbed people at your work. Be careful.

You know the worst part? They aren’t even the craziest ones there. We’ve got a few that are outright nutty as squirrel shit.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I was introduced to someone at a party in NYC and they actual said that their pronouns are "they/them". WTF? Are there more than one of you?

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Those aren't pronouns, they're con-nouns, because it's all a con.
I am so glad I am fucking retired. It's worth the disrespect, being treated like an old fart, etc. not to have to deal with (1) gender fluid crap (2) systemic racism and white supremacy (3) COVID craziness.

Posts: 18009 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out why gender dysphoria isn't treated as a mental illness??? People with anorexia look in the mirror and see something that isn't there. They can weigh 75 lbs in reality but see an obese person. The tranny sees something that isn't there also, what's the difference???

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I was introduced to someone at a party in NYC and they actual said that their pronouns are "they/them". WTF? Are there more than one of you?

You should have asked them if they were schitszo??

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
About the time GM went to gm, the emails from GM's reps had the he/him- she/it pronouns. I'm sure these guys caught loads of crap like they did from me, the pronouns soon went away

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The tranny sees something that isn't there also, what's the difference???

Sometimes they see what is there, and want to remove it.... Big Grin

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God I retired before it got to this point . The yearly training on diversity and inclusion was starting to wear on me . When I told one of the " Instructors " that I refused to use the term " African American " , I'm pretty sure they opened up a file on me . This pronoun bullshit would have probably put me over the top .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have two “transitioning” people at work so we have to be careful what we say. They’re both nice and haven’t started any trouble. Yet.

They may be nice now. But they are a liability. I’d fire them both asap.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
quote:

They may be nice now. But they are a liability. I’d fire them both asap.

That's ignorant, they are "nice and not causing any trouble", sounds like employees I would want.

As opposed to liabilities like the lawsuit inducing shit you're spouting off.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I worked with a guy named Dana. He started signing his emails: he/him. Dana was a mid-level manager. He is also a pretty significant asshole. I could never figure out if he was toeing the company line, letting people know he is a guy or just screwing with everyone.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 714 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I think maybe your pal Dana was tired of having to fight the whole "could be either one" name problem. Like Kris, or Pat.

(What makes me think that is that both Danas I have known were females.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13410 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:

Then I want to rename myself “fuck me”. That way when anyone calls my name they have to FUCK ME!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post