SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This gender pronoun garbage may be what finally breaks me.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This gender pronoun garbage may be what finally breaks me. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jordan Peterson refers to this kind of thing as fantasy play for adults. Children create these fantasies as a matter of their psychological development. Cowboys and Indians err Native Americans.

The difference being, when little J'ohnnie and Sha-quinda Sue take on fantasy roles in their backyard, they aren't harrassing society with some of the stupidest bullshit to ever appear on this planet.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
My company posted something about putting our preferred pronouns in our email signature. And the sheeple are doing it, even if their pronouns are obvious and no one would ever "misgender" them.

So then I started thinking how can I have fun with this:

Bro/Dude
Dude/Bro
El Conquistador / El Conquistador
It/Them

And so on...

If someone really DNFAF this might be interesting:

He/Her/Theirs

Male if subject, female if object, neutral if possessive. Let the Gender Nazis try to figure out what to use when, and bust them with a complaint to HR any time they screw up.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for a layoff.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I heard a new one the other day. It’s a new label they’ve come up with. It’s called “Two Spirit.” When it was explained to me I did this Roll Eyes

They didn't come up with it. It's been around for centuries. It's an old shamanic term

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We have been warned at work not to ever "deadname" anyone. Like if Michael decides he's trans and becomes Michelle, you MUST call him Michelle and calling him Michael is akin to saying the "N-word" now.

I just can't keep up Confused

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The joys of management. By the book friend.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Time for a layoff.
Time for the woodchipper

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
After D reported both of these incidents to me on Saturday, I texted My Boss to ask where I could find the / handbook to find the Respectful Workplace Policy because I knew that discrimination in regards to someones gender, gender expression, and gender identity is a violation to policy. My Boss told me to write a full statement for you so we can try and fix this issue as soon as possible. I thought asking D for statements would do better for us since both of these events happened to him and he reported it to me.

You need to get this to HR/legal if your have a team, and get advise on how to handle it per the handbook that was referenced.

Does the company have a "Respectful Workplace Policy"?

I'd say you have a trans person that is looking to either sue or get "Villan" reprimanded/fired for failing to follow company rules.

HR needs to address it, correct the actions, reprimand the problem if its a violation of the employee handbook.

The undertones are a warning...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Back when I was part of the corporate world I got a disciplinary letter put in my file for referring to our management group as "you guys" in a meeting. There was one female manager. She took exception. She invited me into her office the next day to review and sign the letter. I feigned reading it with interest and handed it back to her saying this is wrong. She said are you denying you referred to our group as "you guys"?

I replied "I Am. I said You'se guys"! Never did sign that letter but when you refuse the senior manager signs it and puts it in you're file anyhow. Best part was she lost her job about six months later and I was chosen to replace her.

I would've stated that the English language lost its second person plural after the Norse invasion beginning in the eight century, and that I am open to the company-approved English language equivalent. Otherwise, to prevent any offense, I would gladly use the second person plural in Spanish if the need ever again arises. I would then just sit there and look at the vapid expression on that moron's face.

Southerners, being the pragmatic sort, have long ago solved this problem with that ever-so-useful and glorious "Ya'll." It gets nobody in trouble and ruffles no gender feathers. The perfect second person plural.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8195 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking a roll of those "Hello, my name is" stickers is in order.

At the beginning of a meeting -- or even a discussion -- present the roll and a pack of Sharpies. Refuse to participate until everyone has a name tag. Then use only that name.

Would someone write "your highness" on a name tag? Youbetcha! Use it! Might as well have some fun with it, right? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13410 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Even before gender pronoun issues was a thing, for some reason, I regularly reversed gender pronouns unintentionally.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I heard a new one the other day. It’s a new label they’ve come up with. It’s called “Two Spirit.” When it was explained to me I did this Roll Eyes

They didn't come up with it. It's been around for centuries. It's an old shamanic term

Yes I know. What’s new is the woke idiots taking this Native American term for themselves.

Geez.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's a fabrication, like Kwanzaa, and not, centuries old.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43800 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Southerners, being the pragmatic sort, have long ago solved this problem with that ever-so-useful and glorious "Ya'll." It gets nobody in trouble and ruffles no gender feathers. The perfect second person plural.[/QUOTE]

I have actually been corrected that “y’all” is singular and “all y’all” is the plural form.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't feel the need to participate in their delusion.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I went through my annual ethics training this week.
15 years ago it took 20 minutes.
Now it is an hour and a half due to Him/Her It/Them BS.

I told my boss after that I now identify myself as a nonbinary lesbian and want to be referred as Billina the Wonder Texan.

Even the Hindus I work with think it is ridiculous.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Time for the new 'Professionalism in the Workplace ' initiative... Wink

Everyone gets fancy new name tags with their 'Firstname LASTNAME' conspicuously displayed (last name must be bolded in ALL CAPS). As pronouns & first names are obviously too casual for the Professional Workplace, and therefore 'unprofessional', going forward EVERYONE gets referred to by their last name only!

Referring to people by their last name works in the military, has been widely used by sports team coaches and was employed by a few wise ass HS teachers of mine that coincidentally coached as well....Problem Solved!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Imagine this scenario: Col Allen West being asked if he identifies as being Black? Eek

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

We have been warned at work not to ever "deadname" anyone. Like if Michael decides he's trans and becomes Michelle, you MUST call him Michelle and calling him Michael is akin to saying the "N-word" now.

I just can't keep up Confused
My co-worker has solved this problem. He just refers to everybody as "asshole."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Promote Villain simply because of his/her name/designation/pronoun or whatever.

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post