SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My FedEx driver sucks!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FedEx driver sucks!!! Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted
Since the beginning of Covid, our FedEx driver has been too afraid to drop packages at our front porch. Sometimes he drops it at the garage, sometimes he just drops it at the end of our driveway. This is assuming he even gets the package to the correct address in the first place. We have about 450 houses in our neighborhood and 3 times a day somebody is posting on our neighborhood Facebook page trying to find a FedEx package. I stayed completely off of FB until this jackass became our delivery guy and it became the only quick way to find packages he delivered somewhere else in our neighborhood. We were home all day, saw him on our street stopped in front of our house and watched him never leave the truck. We also have this recorded on our ring camera. Now I’m searching for a package my daughter shipped to our home and FedEx is adamant he left it on our front porch. Too bad he hasn’t been on my front porch in two years.

To be fair, the FedEx Ground driver is a great guy and does a great job but the regular driver should be fired.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
No complaints here, though the timeline is just about all day. UPS comes usually 10-12.

It’s not often, but the Amazon Prime delivery is the worst, often at any of a few neighbors. We have address markers posted in multiple places, simple road.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Our UPS and all of our Prime drivers have been great. As usual, there are 2 other people currently looking for FedEx delivery packages from houses right around the corner.

Another neighbor is now looking, so today’s run is four packages and counting. All have security cameras and all don’t have our clown delivering.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've got a female fed ex driver at times. She always drops off the packages at the edge of the garage. She won't even try to walk the extra twenty feet to the front door. It's not even the weight that causes a problem. The package today was about 4 pounds and I didn't even know she had been here till I looked out and saw the box.

Posts: 461 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To bad it's not easy to get an English speaking person on the phone to give a report.

Calling the Fed Ex # is a joke!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Here's mine in the process of tossing an electric griddle onto our front porch.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This is definitely NOT a practical solution for everybody, but it has worked really well for me for well over twenty years. I have an account at The UPS Store. They probably receive more packages than any other address in town. Every delivery driver, whether Post Office, United Parcel, FedEx, DHL, Amazon, etc., knows where the address is.

Packages are signed for and held safely, even if I'm out of town, protected from Porch Pirates. I am notified by email and / or text (my choice, either or both), when a package arrives for me and I can pick it up at my convenience. The store that I use is right next door to the Publix grocery where I do a lot of my food shopping, and get my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy department; it's ten minutes from my house, on the route between home and work, so it's convenient.

Occasionally, I might get a food item (a GREAT member here sent me some frozen bialys, and another GREAT member sent some home-made sausage). If I know that these are coming, I can give the store manager a heads-up and she will make room in the refrigerator where the employees stash their lunches and soft drinks, to keep my stuff cold if needed.

I use this as a business address for my small mom-and-pop business; customers really do not need to know my home address.

If there is a location of The UPS Store that is convenient to you, it can solve a lot of problems.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've seen packages left by Express drivers that are nowhere near the front door. Even on rainy days, I'll see stuff not even bagged that is exposed to the weather. I know of a Ground driver who refuses to deliver past the end of the driveway because he found out the resident voted for Trump.

For me, there are a couple of people I refuse to deliver to their door. But I do go out of my way to get packages as close to the door as possible for nearly all of my customers.

I've had issues with stuff being delivered improperly, as well. I guess because I'm in the industry, I'm a little more understanding.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far everything has either been in the garage ( if open ) or at the front door . If a driver left my package at the end of the driveway I would lose my shit .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a FedEx theme, problem drivers, at least your guy isn't dumping them in the creek...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
To bad it's not easy to get an English speaking person on the phone to give a report.

Calling the Fed Ex # is a joke!

Amen! They are no help and could care less about your package. Not one of the for neighborhood packages missing has been located. Every house has security cameras man’s not one shows the drives making a delivery. My guy really does suck.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You can pick up non-hazmat FedEx packages at Walgreens stores.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I ordered a few things from Sig Thursday of last week.... Can't quite figure out what is going on.... was ready for Fedex to pick up on Friday with scheduled for delivery on Monday but was not picked up until Monday with scheduled delivery on Tuesday... it got to another location early Tuesday morning... did not leave there until late Tuesday and got to Charlote on Wednesday early.... then did not leave there until later and got here to Greenville very early Thursday (yesterday morning) but did not get on a truck.... now I'm presuming it will be on a Truck maybe today....well at 6:15 this morning it is still sitting at a faculty here in Greenville, it looks to me like there some kind of serious slow down in the system.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post