SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Hate Calendly.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Hate Calendly.com Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Hi. Take your calendly.com and go fuck yourself sideways.

It's a cheap, lazy way of trying to make me your secretary, conferrers an insufferable arrogance, and tells me that neither our friendship nor the fact that I mentor you, and typically meet with you AS A FAVOR TO YOU isn't important enough for you to call me or email me to work out a mutually convenient time.

Fuck you. I'm out. Figure your problems out for yourself.

PS - Here's a bit of free mentoring. Use a cactus.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tell ya, Artie, I don't know what you're talking about, but if you say fuck them/it, then I say fuck them/it! Mad

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I almost went to this site to try to figure out what you were talking about... almost.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
I almost went to this site to try to figure out what you were talking about... almost.

Me too, so if someone figures this out will you please tell us. Inquiring Minds want to Know.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looks like a shared calendar app for mostly corporate types, very impersonal. I think I would feel slighted as well in most situations

"Clients Can Quickly View Your Real-Time Availability, Self-Book and Even Pay. Try it Free! No More Emailing Back-and-Forth Trying to Schedule Appointments"

"the modern scheduling platform that makes “finding time” a breeze. When connecting is easy, your teams can get more done

"Hey Calendly is there a 'mental health setting' where I limit the total number of meetings people can schedule in a day"

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is trying to be cute with the name. I might go with it if the Kardashians endorse it.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eek

Such hatred for an online calendar. But I agree fuck it/them! Hire your own secretary

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I tell ya, Artie, I don't know what you're talking about, but if you say fuck them/it, then I say fuck them/it! Mad

I'm like a charity. Thank you for your support!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Artie and Para, thank you for making me laugh! Big Grin I needed that! So fuck them!

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Fuck 'em!! I never liked those sons o' bitches anyway!

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I second Bean's comment. A morning chuckle was just what I needed.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Fuck 'em in the ear. Fuck 'em in the other ear.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"I give you a thing... make your heart forget to beat! Your blood boil in your veins! You die... you die!"

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I agree.

For those that don't know, Calendly is an service/app that allows you to send an invitation to other people so that they can self schedule an appointment onto your calendar.

It works for things like scheduling an appointment to see a home with a realtor, or scheduling service at the dealership, or scheduling yourself on an initial call for a sales presentation or recruiting interview.

It's not for people you personally know or do business with. People who you personally know or do business with should get the benefit of your flexibility. Schedules can be moved around, time slots can be lengthened or shortened, and meeting duration isn't in stone. Calling or having someone call to make this happen shows deference and respect. Using Calendly means that you think your time is more important than the invitee's--they have to slot themselves into your calendar wherever they fit.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Aeteocles,

Thanks for that explanation. The OP’s rant makes much more sense now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Yup, Aeteocles nails it. It is very useful for impersonal scheduling. It's the personal relationship stuff where it has no business being used.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just the name itself is a complete turnoff. No need to click on it.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post