SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, if you are still looking send me an email. Check my profile.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I keep coming back to this damn thread to see if V-Tail got his TP. Disappointment after disappointment. Where's all the damn TP in Florida?

I went to the Costco in Pompano Beach, FL today. Plenty of paper towels, NO toilet paper.......I wonder myself where the heck it all is.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

Wife found some. Not the preferred brand, but it will do the job, so the panic is over for now.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30522 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

Wife found some. Not the preferred brand, but it will do the job, so the panic is over for now.

Good to hear!

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I wonder myself where the heck it all is.
The same people who were hoarding all the .22 LR a few years ago.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30522 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
TP seems to be making a comeback. The last time I was in the grocery store (3-4 days ago), the shelves were about half full, and I didn't see any limit signs. That's good, I guess.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Now that TP is making a comeback, paper towels are scarce.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The other day the shelves here were full. Buy all you want. Paper towels in stock. People are still buying Lysol although now reports saying all that disinfectant is probably poisoning more than it helps.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
My local Walmart and supermarket were stocked with TP and PT. However, both were devoid of bread flour and yeast. A stocker in the Walmart said she hadn't seen bread flour or yeast in 2 months.

Posts: 8999 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I went grocery shopping Friday night ~8:30. Having plenty of TP at that time of night is a good sign.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Guess I can empty the Tour Pack for now, I've placed a few rolls in the safe, just in case we have a re-load this fall...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Going back to this thread again because it appears that Costco is once again starting to ration toilet paper, FFS.

My wife went to Costco on Friday with her mother and they both tried to grab a pack of toilet paper and were denied at the register: “one per account”.

My mother-in-law shops with my wife for herself when she goes but they did not want to hear that.

WTF is going on here? Frickin’ China again Mad

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been hearing rumblings about shortages of several commodities coming this winter. Stock up.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife heard or saw on the "news" there may be shortages of certain things again, so, while we're not hoarding, per se, we are maintaining current stocking levels, which are higher than they've historically been.

We started doing that weeks before the Wu Flu scaredemic even started ramping-up and well before the first round of shortages began.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25988 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice that Kirkland (Costco) has reduced the number of sheets per roll from 425 to 380? That's a ten percent decrease.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/econ...supply-chain-issues/

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between hoarding and prepping?

Perception. Those who think it's hoarding were negligent in seeing the shortage coming and thus called those who saw it coming and stocked up, hoarders instead of preppers, which they properly are.

My squad discussed this at coffee after shooting last Thursday and that's the conclusion we reached as a group.

And yes, we're all preppers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Lack of truck drivers is causing it here.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

I think that's a pretty universal problem.

Why? Every week I drive 60 miles down I10 toward Casa Grande. It's full of semi trucks going somewhere and almost every one of them has a sign on the back saying that they're hiring and giving a phone number and/or URL to place an inquiry about employment.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

I think that's a pretty universal problem.

Why? Every week I drive 60 miles down I10 toward Casa Grande. It's full of semi trucks going somewhere and almost every one of them has a sign on the back saying that they're hiring and giving a phone number and/or URL to place an inquiry about employment.

Ha! Yeah they're hiring. They're always hiring.

I used to be a Fleet Manager in trucking. The typical trucking company (nationwide USA) had a driver turnover rate of 350-400 PERCENT per year.

Generally speaking, and of course there is some exception, managing drivers is like herding cats.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post