SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I try to learn from things like that . My ammo supply is pretty good right now and I have no less than 100 rolls of TP in the closet of the hall bathroom . Not a hoarder . Prepper . Before this last hurricane , I gassed up both vehicles , the generator , and three 5 gal gas cans ahead of time . Afterward , I drove past gas lines that were a hundred yards long for over a week . I stocked up on food and water 3 days before the storm instead of fighting the crowd the day before . Jesus , it ain't hard . Prepper ...

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My stash of TP and paper towels in the attic remains untouched. The stash in the Master Bedroom closet gets replenished as it gets used.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
My stash of TP and paper towels in the attic
These guys tend to be attic dwellers, and they thrive on eating paper.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thankfully our attic remains bug free.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if Dollar General stores are widespread in other areas of the country. However there is one not far from where I work. There is also one not too far from my home.

Made stops at both of them in the last 3 days. The toilet paper & paper towels area looked eerily similar to the first shortages.

I am much better prepared this time.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at Costco 2 days ago and they were completely out of toilet paper (they did have plenty of paper towels). Are people hoarding TP again??????

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
What's the difference between hoarding and prepping?

Perception. Those who think it's hoarding were negligent in seeing the shortage coming and thus called those who saw it coming and stocked up, hoarders instead of preppers, which they properly are.

My squad discussed this at coffee after shooting last Thursday and that's the conclusion we reached as a group.

And yes, we're all preppers.

Hoarding is buying in bulk quantities during a shortage, Prepping is having a supply before the shortage arises.

I have an ample stock of essential items, and I will replenish as I use it, but I won't buy out the shelf to do so. If I see it, I buy a nominal amount, and use my reserves to act the 'buffer".
When I see people fighting to fill their shopping cart with bulk packs of TP or other singular purpose items, they are not "preppers" in my eyes, they are hording (and a low life to be doing it).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
What's the difference between hoarding and prepping?

Perception. Those who think it's hoarding were negligent in seeing the shortage coming and thus called those who saw it coming and stocked up, hoarders instead of preppers, which they properly are.

My squad discussed this at coffee after shooting last Thursday and that's the conclusion we reached as a group.

And yes, we're all preppers.

Hoarding is buying in bulk quantities during a shortage, Prepping is having a supply before the shortage arises.

I have an ample stock of essential items, and I will replenish as I use it, but I won't buy out the shelf to do so. If I see it, I buy a nominal amount, and use my reserves to act the 'buffer".
When I see people fighting to fill their shopping cart with bulk packs of TP or other singular purpose items, they are not "preppers" in my eyes, they are hording (and a low life to be doing it).

So you rephrased my definition. Okay.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I was at Costco 2 days ago and they were completely out of toilet paper (they did have plenty of paper towels). Are people hoarding TP again??????

Opposite at my costco this weekend. Tons of TP zero paper towels.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the grocery store today . Plenty of paper products of all types .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Are we here again? I will once again offer my services. 1 sheet of 2 ply for 1 9x19mm FMJ round. Smile Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was in our local Costco today, Sunday afternoon at 4PM.

There was almost a full stock of toilet paper, I' guess they were at 80% capacity. The paper towels were, at my best guess, 50% capacity.

I figured that was pretty good, considering yesterday, Saturday, and today Sunday afternoon, they were still stocked up very well.

And they had lots of coffee!!!

I didn't see anything else that looked as if low stock levels.

Therefore, it's time to stock up now.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post