SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No more UPS for me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more UPS for me Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
And here, it’s Fed Ex that sucks on ground delivery. At least twice now, they have shipped an item that I should have gotten within a couple days, back out of my state, then coming back down to my area. Does not make any sense how traveling such a loop saves any money for them. Plus delays my shipment. I could have driven to the place, picked it up, and been home by now.
UPS has been really reliable, on time, and their tracking is awesome. Fed Ex on the other hand, well, it’s in Transit…….

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
And another FedEx related rant. Purchased some shocks just over a week ago from Amazon….free shipping, etc. supposed to be here by last Thursday. Nope. Turned out shipped FedEx, which really griped us when we found out. No packages, tracking just said delayed. No reason given. Called, actually got hold of one live person, who promised me a call back by another rep. That rep called back, confirmed both packages were at the local hub. Asked her why tracking didn’t have a specific time updated, and why only one package showing at the hub. Couldn’t answer me, except to say they were both there and we should get them Sat, Sunday at the latest. Nope.
Suprisingly, we had one delivered today, Labor Day, but no sign of the second package which is the other set of shocks. And it showed up in a rental delivery truck. So at least we got half of it, hoping the second half shows up tomorrow.
But FedEx sucks really, really bad here. Can’t get a straight answer and no reasons for the delays, this is happening every time we have a shipment coming from them so far. And we didn’t have a choice in carrier either.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The joke I heard many years ago was, UPS and FedEx were going to merge and reorganize under a new name...

Fedup.

BTW, USPS has been treating me well lately.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
All I can say is good luck to you if you choose to go FedEx only.

When I write "FedEx," I mean the real FedEx, not FedEx Ground. FedEx Ground is worse than USPS.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Average daily volume for FedEx Ground is 12 million ... packages a day!

I honestly don't give a damn. Don't promise what you can't deliver.

I've had my fill of shipping angst.

'FedEx Ground' was a separate company FedEx acquited, formerly known as RPS. Place I used to work got a lot of stuff shipped to us RPS.

In my area we get reasonably good service with all carriers, but the USPS is least desirable because they can't seem to actually transport a package. Our driver can't deliver what never makes it to the local post office.

Latest example was it taking like 6 weeks to get a package from OH to IL, then another week to our door.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post