SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No more UPS for me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more UPS for me Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
Ordered a new Schmidt and Bender scope for my AR.
Paid the overnight fee of $50 since I was going to be off work to receive it.
Now it’s floating around in UPS bullshit land.

I am done with UPS.
If vendor doesn’t offer Fed-Ex, fuck it, I don’t need it.
I am so sick of UPS’ suck ass attitude.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
UPS is one of the two shippers with which I haven't experienced grief. That and FedEx. (By "FedEx" I mean the real FedEx, not FedEx Ground, which is tied with USPS for worst place.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You can get your money back, since their overnight service guarantee was reinstated in April.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help...rvice-guarantee.page

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
UPS is one of the two shippers with which I haven't experienced grief. That and FedEx. (By "FedEx" I mean the real FedEx, not FedEx Ground, which is tied with USPS for worst place.)

My experience also.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P320 purchase out of Minnesota that got hung up in transit a couple years ago that needed the shipper to jump-start it but ultimately arrived (FedEx)

Sent a couple hundred rounds of ammo & some nice P220 grips up to Ohio last year that made it all the way to the last point before actual delivery - disappeared (UPS)

I'm a little biased on the side of FedEx at the moment.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Some years ago sent a package with overnight guaranteed delivery because it was time sensitive. Well they (UPS) dropped the ball and took 3 days for delivery. Then several days later they called to say the clerk had miss-charged the rate and I owed almost twice the amount that I did pay. Told them to get the extra money from their employee and that I had a reciept to showed that I paid for overnight delivery and they (UPS) failed to deliver and that my lawyer would be contacting them if they did not drop their claim. Have not used them since. .............................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the exact opposite experience.

UPS good
FedEx sucks

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You can get your money back, since their overnight service guarantee was reinstated in April.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help...rvice-guarantee.page

Yep,
Got hold of them and package is sitting in Salt Lake and they had no reason why?
They said their whole system is overloaded and short personnel from COVID.
They are experiencing “unprecedented” operational issues due to lack of not fully trained staff.

Got a refund, big whoop. Still no package.
Seems like if you are shitting your bed you would let somebody know?
Not UPS.
Glad it wasn’t tax docs.
It’s Fedex over nite or nothing from here on out.
Life is too short.
I can always make more money.
Time?
Not so much.
COVID my ass.

Can’t remember last time any issue with Fedex, been good as gold and I’m a business owner.
Guess everybody over there is “vaccinated”. Wink

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Funny, our FedEx driver sucks and has many complaints. He routinely marks packages as attempted delivery, puts them in our mailbox, and walks them down to the beginning of my front walk leaving them in the middle of my driveway. The joke on our street is that you have to finish delivering your own packages from FedEx. Our UPS driver on the other hand is awesome. In terms of reliability beyond just delivery, USPS and smart post have been downright atrocious and FedEx and UPS have been relatively good.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can’t remember last time any issue with Fedex, been good as gold and I’m a business owner.
Guess everybody over there is “vaccinated”.

They are no better, ordered a new red dot from PA, send out Fed Ex, tracked it to Houston where it went missing and sat somewhere for a week while PA pushed them to find it, showed up 10 days later. No reason, no excuses, just out of the blue here you go....

Ordered a Pizza Peel from Amazon, shipped via UPS, didn't show up on time, part way through delivery it just stopped. Finally UPS delivered and empty box, now not a normal box job, but they took one, laid the box flat, taped up one side and only one piece of tape on the other end, needless to say someone at UPS is making Pizza with the peel... Again no reason, just poof stops travel half way.

Both are sucking right now. Amazon was smart to come up with their own delivery people.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Guess everybody over there is “vaccinated”.

They are no better, ordered a new red dot from PA, send out Fed Ex, tracked it to Houston where it went missing and sat somewhere for a week while PA pushed them to find it, showed up 10 days later. No reason, no excuses, just out of the blue here you go....

Ordered a Pizza Peel from Amazon, shipped via UPS, didn't show up on time, part way through delivery it just stopped. Finally UPS delivered and empty box, now not a normal box job, but they took one, laid the box flat, taped up one side and only one piece of tape on the other end, needless to say someone at UPS is making Pizza with the peel... Again no reason, just poof stops travel half way.

Both are sucking right now. Amazon was smart to come up with their own delivery people.

You could be right.
Maybe a regional thing, here in the PNW, Fedex seems to be hitting on all 8 cylinders, course I am close to the Capitol city and airport.

Just worn out with the mentality that mediocrity is a virtue.
Showing my age I guess and my expectations.

Your way
or
YAHWEH

posted Hide Post
For me, they are all messed up anymore, ups fedex and of course usps. last winter fedex had every excuse they could come up with not to deliver a package to my house on more than one occasion. one most used by the driver, the business was closed. well, I am not a business, and they drop the package on my porch, which is always open. thing is I live on a dead end dirt road, they are just too lazy to come down here.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they’re not as bad as USPS…I had a package get shipped on 7/14 from TX, arrived in Memphis the next day and has now “departed” the Memphis annex three times. Heck, when I heck the tracking info, it doesn’t even give me an estimated delivery. How is that even possible?

UPS can be bad…several years ago I ordered a new set of pipes for my bike. Had them shipped overnight so I could get them on, adjusted, etc. before a trip. Next day, nothing…tracking showed it went from IN to IL and then stopped. Next morning tracking showed the package was in CA…I’m in Iowa…next to Illinois. Finally get someone with a few brain cells on the phone and she gets it to be overnighted. Next day, nothing…now going ground because they are too dangerous to be on a plane. They’re metal tubes!!! They showed up a week later, but the vendor was pissed as much as me and did FedEx overnight and they arrived the next day. Go figure…

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
So, I've put together an algorithm from everyone on the thread this far:

If = UPS / might suck less/ might not suck more
Then= Fedex / might suck more/ might not suck less
Or= Fedex ground / really sucks
And= USPS / sucks the most
Output= Amazon / is sucking everybody

Do I have it right?

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I understand your anger over that but I gotta say UPS is here at our farm just about every other day it seems. Never had a problem with them. Really nice people that always have a dog treat for our retriever.

Fedex is much more hit or miss.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
So, I've put together an algorithm from everyone on the thread this far:

If = UPS / might suck less/ might not suck more
Then= Fedex / might suck more/ might not suck less
Or= Fedex ground / really sucks
And= USPS / sucks the most
Output= Amazon / is sucking everybody

Do I have it right?

thanks for that, it made me chuckle,

I have an account with each carrier, and got a call from FedEx wanting more of my business (I currently give them 0, due to the local suckiness of Fed Ex, )

the FedEx sales rep was very positive, wanting me to switch over to FedEx only, etc etc etc,

but after the 3rd time of me saying know, and giving her specific reasons why, and asking for some guaranteed assurances the past issues would not ever happen again, she finally got it and gave up

the reasons
--cursed at by drivers
--product not delivered, as in drive by while shop was occupied,
--deliveries left leaning against the mailbox, trees, etc
-- deliveries left at the wrong house ,
-- 0 support for the end user (my business) from local management,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
UPS is one of the two shippers with which I haven't experienced grief.

I guess I should not have written that Frown

I was supposed to receive a package today. Idiot UPS driver walked up to the porch. Knocked on the door (failed to ring the doorbell). When nobody answered: Left a tag on the door and left with the package.

The package was not signature required.

To add insult-to-injury: They weren't going to deliver it tomorrow. No, they would "deliver" it Monday, to a "UPS AccessPoint Location".

I don't think so. I logged on, set the package to "Return to sender," called UPS and gave them a piece of my mind. Then called Apple, informed them they'd be getting the package back, and informed them I wouldn't be ordering on-line from the Apple Store anymore.

I've HAD IT with delivery companies failing to deliver. Unless I can't get it locally, I'm done ordering on-line.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is good luck to you if you choose to go FedEx only. In my recent experience they are a shitshow on par with USPS and far less reliable than UPS. Be careful what you wish for.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Average daily volume for FedEx Ground is 12 million and FedEx Express is 6.5 million packages a day!

Try to visualize that many packages being moved through the system every day. Its mind boggling.

I'm guessing most people are pretty happy with the service.

Volume has been at record levels for the past 18 months since the scandemic started. Many of you would be amazed at some of the shit FedEx (and other shipping companies) employees have been putting up with since this shit show started.

But of course its frustrating when your package doesn't arrive when you thought it should.

These daily shipping threads are therapeutic if nothing else. Smile

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
All I can say is good luck to you if you choose to go FedEx only.

When I write "FedEx," I mean the real FedEx, not FedEx Ground. FedEx Ground is worse than USPS.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Average daily volume for FedEx Ground is 12 million ... packages a day!

I honestly don't give a damn. Don't promise what you can't deliver.

I've had my fill of shipping angst.