SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nothing worse than having an employee of the shipping company steal the item shipped
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nothing worse than having an employee of the shipping company steal the item shipped Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
Sold an iPhone in the classifieds - sent it out UPS ground with their stoopid giant label that it contains a lithium battery. Hey everyone!! Look! Electronics!!!
Box arrives at UPS destination opened with phone missing. Box never left UPS's hands - you would think they could tell when the box suddenly went from weighing one pound to weighing two ounces and zero in on the culprit.
I did purchase insurance but UPS makes it EXTREMELY difficult to submit a claim... Frackers.... Mad

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ask Samsung USA how many new S22 series phones were stolen between leaving the Samsung warehouse and the customer doors.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My older brother had that happen with a credit card. He has the worker going over to WalMart to max it out, then come back and mail it off.

My niece got robbed and her car stolen and she NEEDED that credit card to get home.

There was enough video to convict her (she got 90 days and wasn't her first felony), but it left his daughter out in the middle of nowhere for a day.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Ask Samsung USA how many new S22 series phones were stolen between leaving the Samsung warehouse and the customer doors.

Not just Samsungs... When my parents upgraded to iPhone 13s earlier this year through their cell phone provider, the new phones were stolen out of the package before it was delivered to their house. (I don't recall if it shipped from Apple or from the cell phone company.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
My daughters first iPhone for her birthday. Sold out in the area, but can have it shipped in time for her birthday. The box arrives, and immediately something was wrong. Open the box in front of the delivery guy, and NOTHING inside the box. Closer inspection we can see the original tape was cut and resealed with a different tape. Talking to T-Mobile and UPS, neither were phased by this and were on autopilot to send a new one out.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
No, really. We need to give those w/ a criminal record a third, forth, and fifth chance at a job. Roll Eyes
How do you want to pay for it? Gov. credit or pass it on to consumers? Hell, do both.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
No, really. We need to give those w/ a criminal record a third, forth, and fifth chance at a job. Roll Eyes
How do you want to pay for it? Gov. credit or pass it on to consumers? Hell, do both.

People are shocked when I say I don’t believe in life sentences and those sentenced to life should be dropped off in a place like Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or North Korea with nothing but the clothes on their back. Why the hell should the taxpayer feed, house and provide medical care for the criminal scum of the world when we have honest people such as our senior citizens who are having financial difficulty?

Posts: 13108 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I work for a large sporting goods conglomerate, answering phones on their 800 number. I get a few calls every day with customers receiving empty packages. Just send them out another one. It's maddening.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In just about every business enterprise the planning must include allowances for "shrinkage", which includes both employee theft and external theft/misappropriation.

A shrinkage rate of 2% simply requires a 2% increase in inventory and pricing. All costs are passed onward to the consumer.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing worse . . .
Well, a rash in the groinal area might be worse. Uh, somebody told me that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
as per Edmonds comment i have to go a little further by upon sentencing and placing in prison that the prisoner is responsible for his existance.. I he does not have outside support for food/clothing/etc then so be it. If not then we will not have to worry about them.... Also if given the death penalty then you have a set time frame (say 5years) to come up with compelling evidence to overturn the sentence.. If not then the sentence is swiftly carried out and you are not allowed to be housed / fed / clothed / to recieve public funded legal services for 15/20/or more years before the sentence is carried out or getting the sentence reduced...... Justice be it swift and final.. But we know that with all of the limp wristed lawyers and judges in office that the swift and heavy justice aint going to happen. .......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post