SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Insane Retailers: Lululemon version
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insane Retailers: Lululemon version Login/Join 
posted
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...nsive-yoga-gear.html

Appears to be a true story. 2 women employees at Lululemon confront thieves, then call police. They are then fired for calling the police.

Why not just hand a large sign that says "TAKE IT ALL, IT'S YOURS", let the employees go and close up shop when all your inventory walks out the door.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to the world I was raised in? What changed? Never mind.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Trying to edit my original comment on my phone without my readers. So I’m deleting my incorrect statement.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chirs Rock vid of Lululemon. Don't know the date, but just tripped over it and got a chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2HN-u4aHGg

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Honestly I’m not mad at them. (Luluemon). At the company I work for We DRIVE into the heads of our employees; don’t follow them out the door, don’t restrain them, don’t do ANYTHING to initiate confrontation. Higher shrink is being built into pricing and the insurance hit if an employee gets injured will be disastrous.

These women were fired for leaving the store to chase after them; most large companies have very specific policies and guidelines on this now.

It’s to protect the employees from be injured and protect the company from overzealous employees who may go too far in defending insured mdse.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
I predict there will be no more stores in high crime areas. The stores will be converted to pick-up locations where you get the items you've already paid for. Ever tried to do all your grocery shopping online, including produce? Yeah, it's gonnna be great...

Posts: 917 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Crazy how politics is killing brick and mortar stores just as fast as technology. Eek

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Honestly I’m not mad at them. (Luluemon). At the company I work for We DRIVE into the heads of our employees; don’t follow them out the door, don’t restrain them, don’t do ANYTHING to initiate confrontation. Higher shrink is being built into pricing and the insurance hit if an employee gets injured will be disastrous.

These women were fired for leaving the store to chase after them; most large companies have very specific policies and guidelines on this now.

It’s to protect the employees from be injured and protect the company from overzealous employees who may go too far in defending insured mdse.

They weren't fired for calling the police. They were fired for chasing the thieves. I can understand why that is the rule, because they don't want the employees hurt, or hurting someone else in the chase, exposing the company to liability in excess of the value of the stolen goods.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly I’m not mad at them. (Luluemon).

They are fucking idiots.

quote:
...it comes out that the Regional Manager for Lululemon openly questioned why they would call the police.

'Stating that it would 'look bad for Lululemon to be the company calling the police '.

My wife bought a couple of things there awhile back, then found out later just how pathetically woke the company was in regards to race and current events, she never bought anything from them again.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Crazy how politics is killing brick and mortar stores just as fast as technology. Eek

And politics gets money from big media and big tech to do these stupid things. And big tech benefits - Amazon and others get more business if brick and mortar stores die - and Bezos owns the WaPo leftist rag that defends the stupidity...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:
I predict there will be no more stores in high crime areas.
The thieves will just take their "business" to what's currently lower-crime areas.

Stopped into a nearby Lowe's yesterday to pick up a new circuit breaker and another Lutron Caséta lamp module. The lamp modules, which are not in small boxes, are now encased in anti-theft boxes with a magnetic release, from which the product has to be removed at the cash register.

When we were in a pet store a few weeks back I went to buy a couple Feliway products. They're not on the shelf anymore. Now there are cards on hooks. You take the card up to the cash register, they take the card, go over to a locked cabinet, and fetch the actual product.

Both of these stores, nearby one another, are not in a "high crime" area.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I will admit, I hate a theif,

when I was in the grocery biz, (2 different companies) I prosecuted every one that was caught

reason was simple, show folks you prosecute and it is a deterent, and if you don't, and this was more important, the police will take thier time showing up,

as in if they (police) know you are going to go to court with them, they are happy to help, other wise don't waste there time,

anyhoo, I had a comanager that worked for me that was very agressive against shoplifters until one cut her rather badly when she and others tried to prevent him from leaving,
fortunately, she had a good plastic surgeon that day in the ER and the scar(s) is not noticeable,

I will admit Ihave chased the fuckers out into the parking lot, got pics of license plates,

had one put in jail for touching me (he dropped his cell phone and I picked it up, he turned, grabbed it from my hand and ran off, we chased him till he got in a truck and sped off, his mother turned him in a month later)

and another for bumping me with his vehicle as I was snapping pics,

both were repeat offenders, but looking back I should have said fuckit and not gone after them,

but I have been out of the grocery biz since 2015, and even then it was getting to the point that LP wanted to do everything, Management was not really needed or even asked to get involved, and they (LP/AP) were more interested in harrassing employees than chasing or even confronting shoplifters, due to wrongful stop lawsuits, or risk of injury

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Sharia law specifies amputation of the right hand, or fingers as punishment for theft. Sort of extreme, but there aren't very many repeat offenders.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
OriginAt the company I work for We DRIVE into the heads of our employees; don’t follow them out the door, don’t restrain them, don’t do ANYTHING to initiate confrontation.

I have to agree. The cost of confrontation far exceed what they steal.

At my former employer, a guy shoplifted some stuff, ran out of the store and took off on a bicycle. An outraged employee ran out of the store, jumped in his car and gave chase. He ended up running the guy down and seriously injuring him.

The guy on the bike sued for major $$$.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post