SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anti-Rant - Micro-Air RV Thermostat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Rant - Micro-Air RV Thermostat Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted
I've been wanting a "Nest"-like thermostat for my RV for some time. I'm a full-timer, and it would be great to be able to schedule the heat to come on when I get up, or the AC to come on after I've been away for a while. I admit, I haven't really looked all that hard after an initial bout of research and finding out that RV thermostats are 12VDC creatures, while most home thermostats are IIRC 24V. You could make one work, but it wasn't worth the climb.

Well this weekend I found a forum thread to a company that makes them. Good reviews. So I ordered one yesterday. Their website said allow 7-10 days for processing.

Selection was easy - they had pics of RV thermostats, and their applicable model next to it. Easy-peasy.

Got an email today with tracking info, should be here Friday. Of course, it's USPS (which I chose - cheapest, and not time critical for me), so it's in the hands of the Gods, but I'm hopeful.

So a shout-out to them so far!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I put one of their soft starters on my 5 ton house AC compressor. They were good people to deal with.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I'll be considering soft starters at some point I think.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post