SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupid Apple Weather App…WHY??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Apple Weather App…WHY?? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I’ve used the Apple weather app since I’ve had an iPhone which has been about 12 years now, but I noticed that it changed last year and they reversed the high and low temperature display which just drives me crazy. It’s dumb, dumb, dumb.

Why would you do that? It makes no sense and is counterintuitive to me.

I had been using the AccuWeather app in tandem, but I just deleted the Apple one today and will stick with AccuWeather solely from now on.

Dumb move, Apple Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I jut went in and looked at the Apple Weather App.

Turns out I never noticed the difference and still don't.

I guess it just wasn't important to me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I jut went in and looked at the Apple Weather App.

Turns out I never noticed the difference and still don't.

I guess it just wasn't important to me.

After using it for years then having the lows and the highs reversed was very noticeable to me, it just seemed back asswards.

A little research tells me that it has something to do with the Dark Sky weather app that Apple acquired and folded into the existing weather app, and a lot of people aren’t happy about the changes.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

You might want to try out the Carrot Weather app. They have a free version, with some features disabled, and two levels of subscriptions that unlock other functions.

It has a very comprehensive configuration for the beautiful UI, so much so you can get lost for an hour just trying out the different looks and data points.

I chose the first level (Premium) subscription, @ $40/year. Some of several features that unlocks are a choice of data sources (Dark Sky is just one), widgets, and extensive configuration. I played around with the different sources to see which one actually reflected the weather where I live, and went with that one.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
They don’t have an App, but I use the National Weather Service in a browser window. Plug in your zip code and get your local weather. It’s Weather.Gov Best thing out there I’ve found and it’s free.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I am going to stick with the Accuweather app I think. The Apple weather app was for a quick glance here and there and the Accuweather was for more detailed viewing, I'll just use that for all of it.

Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I've got three on my iPhone: AccuWeather, Dark Sky and NECN (a local cable news station): and their forecasts on things like potential snow totals or type of precipitation are always different.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on this. It bugs the shit out of me!!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post