SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fast Food Dine-In
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fast Food Dine-In Login/Join 
posted
In my state, all the Covid restrictions have been lifted, so how come I still can't sit down and eat in a McDonalds. The one closest to me won't even let you in for take-out, claiming they are short on help. Have they all decided they can make enough money off of drive-thru, so why re-open the restaurant? I'm losing patience.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Around here, they're all open for dine in and most people I know wouldn't do take out so it's in their best interests to let people in.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Did eat-in at Chic-Fil-A last night, here in N Houston.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
how come I still can't sit down and eat in a McDonalds. The one closest to me won't even let you in for take-out, claiming they are short on help.

I think you answered you own question. Several businesses are still unable to staff sufficiently to return to normal operations.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
we went in and set down for the first today at taco bell since April of 2020.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Most fast food dining rooms closed around here still. Low on help. We speculate they may be making close to normal net anyway with increased drive through sales and less man hours paid out.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the nearby Panda Express yesterday - the first time since the lifting of the diaper requirement. It was 40 minutes after they were supposed to open, but the door was still locked. Apparently, no one had showed up for work and they had no food ready to sell yet.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Similar around me as well.

McD's down the road from me is hurting for help bad. Most days they close way earlier than normal because they can't get anyone to work.

Taco Bell and Culvers next door to them are doing slightly better but not by much. They are at least running normal hours.

Funny enough, their is a new place being built next to them, a Dunkin/Baskin Robbins. The building went up pretty quick but they seem to be taking there time getting the inside finished. They don't even have signs up. No idea how they are doing with hiring.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think they like it with no one inside. It’s easier cleanup, less condiments & restroom patrol. They don’t get tips anyway, so why let anyone in?

Yeah, lack of help factors in.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
In my state, all the Covid restrictions have been lifted, so how come I still can't sit down and eat in a McDonalds. The one closest to me won't even let you in for take-out, claiming they are short on help. Have they all decided they can make enough money off of drive-thru, so why re-open the restaurant? I'm losing patience.

Vote with your wallet, then. Although we've seen a lot of restrictions lifted, there are a lot of things that aren't back to "normal" and probably some that aren't going to go back.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything's been open here for some time now.

Dine-in at several places are come and go (open today/closed tomorrow, rinse and repeat) depending on the help situation.

Nobody wants to work anymore!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think they like it with no one inside. It’s easier cleanup, less condiments & restroom patrol.

And that's factoring in to the designs of these restaurants moving forward. The focus is on smaller buildings, more drive thru/carry out capacity, less seating.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Recently returned from vacation on the Outer Banks. On the road saw the same - drive through only. Restaurants on the Banks were open, but apologized for slow service due to limited staff. Was told they were offering a $1000.00 signing bonus and $15/hour with not enough takers.

All of the contractors I've dealt with in the past few weeks are hiring without takers. I suspect nothing will change until unemployment benefits run out.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you live in a State that continues to dole out unemployment stipends with no auditing of the recipients, what we are talking about in this thread will continue for the rest of 2021.

NH cut off the stipends at the end of June and is back to 100% auditing of all recipients. Given the peak in summer tourism in NH, this should help a lot of small businesses get back up and running.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
If you live in a State that continues to dole out unemployment stipends with no auditing of the recipients, what we are talking about in this thread will continue for the rest of 2021.

NH cut off the stipends at the end of June and is back to 100% auditing of all recipients. Given the peak in summer tourism in NH, this should help a lot of small businesses get back up and running.

Arizona cut them off also and it's beginning to show in local businesses.

Heck, even my across the street neighbors got off their butts and went out and got jobs.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
A brand-new large dine-in Chick-fil-A was built in Carson City during the epidemic. We drop by quite often. To this date, no customer has been inside.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I think they like it with no one inside. It’s easier cleanup, less condiments & restroom patrol. They don’t get tips anyway, so why let anyone in?

Yeah, lack of help factors in.

I believe this to be a major factor. They want sell food. Fast. Get it and get gone. They don’t make money from you and your brood swarming in and smearing grease and ketchup everywhere.

Local McD’s here was remodeled pre-covid. About 2/3 of the seating wa# removed, and two registers were taken out and replaced with four touch screen kiosks.
They really don’t want you coming inside.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ And trashing out the restrooms, and the homeless hanging out for hours and hours.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
To expand on Ranger's post, I just got back from Nags Head this morning. When we arrived last Sunday finding somewhere to eat was crazy. A large majority of restaurants are only opening from Tuesday thru Saturday so finding somewhere to eat was a PITA. Every fast food was drive thru and backed up for a long distance and the few dine in places that were open were slammed with lines out the door. Even Five Guys had a 35-40 minute wait. So if you are going there be prepared for a Sunday and Monday patience tester. All of the personnel are working their asses off trying to keep up with the demand. Same story as everywhere else, they can't find workers.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who runs a restaurant. The can’t get help is very true here. They have shortened their hours and are now closing on Mondays to give the staff they do have a day off.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post