SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple stuff usually works but not this upgrade
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple stuff usually works but not this upgrade Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I upgraded to a new iPhone 13 Pro from a 11 Pro with a great deal from Verizon. Phone works great but my series 4 Watch wouldn’t pair. I tried everything but no joy. Apple announced a patch called 15.0.1 that should have gone live Monday. Still waiting. I finally upgraded the ios on my phone to 15.1 beta 1 and then 15.1 beta 2 and it finally worked. Many hours of my life I won’t get back.

Sooooo. I get my wife’s new 13 today. The damn thing won’t activate. Spent 45 minutes with Apple tech and she pushed me to Verizon. Unbelievably, they cut me off in the middle of a chat…..we’re now closed.

10/14 Update. After downloading IOS 15.1 Beta 3 to my new phone, I have full functionality with it. My watch syncs, I can unlock my MacBook Pro and Mac with the watch and all is well.

In our immediate family, we bought 5 iPhone 13s and had trouble with 3 of them. All have Apple watches and Apple computers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It appears the 13 is having major issues with IoS 15.

The Forbes take on IoS15. Update at the end of the article.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
It appears the 13 is having major issues with IoS 15.

Not just the iPhone 13, either. There are problems across the board with iOS 15. A couple of mentions:

iOS 15 Messages Bug Causes Saved Photos to Be Deleted

Some iPhone 13 Users Reporting Intermittent Touch Issues, Older Models Also Affected After Updating to iOS 15

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep my old 6S at 14.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Weird. We have installed iOS 15 on three iPhones in our house. Seems faster than 14, and 15 plays nicer with Apple Watch than 14 did.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Upgraded to 15 on both our XR iPhones and they're running great.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is hit and miss with those folks. I upgraded to 14 and it still works.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Never get the first version of a major release. I always wait a cycle or two, don’t you realize you’re a beta tester?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I first read about problems with iOS 15 elsewhere. I'm waiting for 15.1 or more.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just updated to 15.02 yesterday.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
And???? Inquiring minds want to know! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I waited! I'll wait a few more months for my 12 Pro Max

I was directed to update my work iPhone XR to 15.02 yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that Apple copied Chrome for Safari and I hate how it works now. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was directed to update my work iPhone XR to 15.02 yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that Apple copied Chrome for Safari and I hate how it works now.
It could be worse. It could be Android. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This is what I get with IOS 15.0.1 when I open a thread on this forum now. Not every post in the thread, but one like it in several threads.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the inquiring minds: So far, so good. But it does seem weird that updates are coming one right after another these days...

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it does seem weird that updates are coming one right after another
It's not that unusual to find an "oh, shit" soon after the release of a new version of software.

Back when I did it for a living, we always had a couple of people on standby to deal with this sort of thing when significant changes were released.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nothing works like live user field testing to find the bugs..

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I've been using Brave browser as my default for all my computers & phones.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Nothing works like live user field testing to find the bugs..

That's correct, and it's because there are probably tens of millions of possible things that can be done with all the apps and things inside them. It makes it impossible to check everything because it would take years and even then you couldn't be sure as apps get updates all the time also.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’m running 15.0.2 on my iPhone 12 mini and haven’t had any issues but then again, I don’t use an Apple Watch. It’s been reliable for me so far.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post