SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Buyer on FB marketplace trying to scam my mom I think
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buyer on FB marketplace trying to scam my mom I think Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
At least that is what it's feeling like so far.

She has a couple things listed. She got a message from someone out of state asking if she would ship. She said no problem. Gave him the info for paypal and said it will ship after it hits her account. He says no problem.

Here we are two days later, he says money was sent. Nothing showing in moms paypal. I told her to ask him to verify the email he sent it to and ask for the transaction number as well so she can look it up or call paypal to see what's up.

Where it get fun..... he will not verify the email he sent it to and he refuses to give her the transaction number. His reply "It says complete on my end, the transaction will not show in her account until a tracking number has been sent."

Even my mom knows something is sounding fishy now lol. She will no longer be messaging him back unless money shows up in paypal Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's a scam.

I sometimes get emails alerting me that my Paypal account is sending monies to an seller account after I ordered an expensive item. An 800 number is also furnished.

The issue is, I don't have a Paypal account and I didn't order anything on line.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BS- That's not how PayPal works. Block his email and move on.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Scam. She'd have received a PayPal notification if the money had actually been sent.

If, by chance, the idiot sent the money to the wrong PayPal account, that's on the idiot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
What's it cost to send a empty envelope with a tracking number?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Facebook has a marketplace?? What do they sell there? Grievances?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Facebook has a marketplace?? What do they sell there? Grievances?

Big Grin
By the train car load!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Scam. She'd have received a PayPal notification if the money had actually been sent.

If, by chance, the idiot sent the money to the wrong PayPal account, that's on the idiot.

Yup.
And, unless the money is in her account, she should ignore the asshole from now and move on.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, yup she is just ignoring him from now on. She hasen't blocked him yet but won't be answering him anymore unless money shows up in her paypal.

SR lol I actually like that idea Big Grin I don't think she would want to bother with that tho... oh well. If it was me I would probably actually do it Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post