SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Flu shot and Covid booster, oh what fun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flu shot and Covid booster, oh what fun. Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Vaccines always make me feel like I’ve been hit by a truck for a day or so. Since the few times I get the flu it only lasts for a day or so, I’ve stopped getting flu vaccines.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I know what you mean. I neglected to get my high school vaccines until summer football. 3 a day practices while dealing with vax effects and horrible night cramps nearly made me quit.

Posts: 661 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I got mine same day and same arm. No serious problems at all.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I’ve never seen any other discussion of it, I’ve long thought that the more vaccinations one has had, the less minor side effects another is likely to cause.

Sample of one, I've gotten all the Pfizer vaccinations and this latest booster (omicron 5) was the only one where I had any symptoms at all. Mild cold symptom for a day - nothing of concern, notable only that I've never had any symptoms before.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flu shot today.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Flu shot in a couple of weeks. I intend to avoid the COVID booster if possible. The second shot just plain kicked the shit out of me. I didn't feel right for two months after that one.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
Flu shot today.

Covid-19 shot in a week or two. With my wife taking chemo treatments, she was advised by her doctors to get both and for me and our son to get them as well. Did not want to get both at the same time though.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I had the COVID and a booster, no issues at all. Just had the flu shot, no issues.

My wife has had 5 COVID shots now and is getting another one. She has an immunity disorder, and still has no anti-bodies despite the 5 shots. She has to get her immune system wiped out every 6 months, so the make her get one before each infusion. She hasn't had any issues; even though at this point I keep saying she is some kind of COIVD medical experiment.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flu shot 2 weeks ago last Friday. No soreness or ill effects.

I always contribute it to people’s genetic makeup.

One vaccination does nothing, when another will put you flat on your back.

Good luck to all.

"Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness"

Posts: 99 | Location: IL | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post