SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Home Depot Dishwasher Installation Screw Up
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Home Depot Dishwasher Installation Screw Up Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know they aren't all that hard to do yourself, right?

Unless you have hardwood that had been cut out for the previous dishwashers feet, but doesn't match your new one! Try measuring & cutting out small pieces of flooring while your wife is saying "I told you to get a professional". Being pissed in the first place (& knowing that a Lowe's "installer" would have walked away) her words did not add to marital bliss!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Several people are admonishing Kevmo for ranting about this.

You're missing the point, folks.

He paid for a job to be done. He has every right to expect the job to be done correctly. The "we don't give a shit" attitude from Home Depot is not acceptable.

Yes, the installers are independent contractors and not Home Depot employees, but Kevmo paid the money to Home Depot. This puts Home Depot in the position of acting as agents for the installers. Home Depot accepted the payment, they need to step up and insure that the job is done properly.

Many years ago I bought a washer and dryer from Sears. The washer was not installed properly. I contacted Sears numerous times and got the same "don't give a shit" attitude. I took my narrow ass to Sears, parked myself at the store General Manager's office door, and refused to leave until he showed his face. I handed him written notice that if the problem was not corrected within 24 hours, the washing machine would be at the end of my driveway and he better have somebody from Sears there to pick it up before anybody else grabbed it, and I would not be paying for the charge on my Sears credit card.

Two hours after I spoke with him and handed him that written notice, a team showed up and the installation job was re-done properly.

Flies, honey and vinegar. Try the honey first, maybe several times, but if that doesn't work, bring on the foul nasty vinegar.

Thanks V Tail, I appreciate this!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used automotive radiator hose for mine, I think it was a recommendation here. You can buy whatever length you need and it's going to last a long time.

Good stuff that radiator hose. I keep some on hand just for those "special" occasions.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
install was $40 cheaper.

and now we know why.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
V-Tail said: Several people are admonishing Kevmo for ranting about this.

You're missing the point, folks.

He paid for a job to be done. He has every right to expect the job to be done correctly. The "we don't give a shit" attitude from Home Depot is not acceptable.

Hard agree.

To add, it is an unfortunate risk of "pitching your bitch" in this section. Most of us just want to rant a bit, and maybe even read a couple of "been there brother!" posts. Instead you get comments about why you are wrong or making too much of a big deal about "this".

Granted, if opinions are solicited, then fire away. But sometimes a guy just wants to piss-and-moan without being told why he's being a dumb-ass or going about it all wrong.

Off my wobbly soap box now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
one of the d-bags I used to work with , at sears , screwed up , on a new home dish washer install.

well the house sold after three weeks and the new owners had all their stuff in, 8 weeks after the install.

the first time they used the dish washer it flooded the kitchen, family room and hallway.

all oak flooring, with three area rugs totaling over $8,000.00.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do my own installations on things but now that I'm older I don't mind paying a fair price for competent work . It's my choice .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
How did this turn out, Kevmo?

Our old condo HOA had "rules" for where one could purchase the "approved" exterior parts- bLowe's being the ONLY one for slider doors.

Oh boy did they screw the pooch- they measured wrong first time- door matched measurement but was way small.

Re-measured, and then ordered the wrong size.

Finally got the right size 6 weeks later- then it was "damaged" on the dock at the store.

Another three weeks goes by, 15 weeks in total, and the door was finally in (the installers were very good, but their salesperson who did the measuring and ordering, not so much.

Only ended up paying $250 for an installed, custom-sized door though Smile (paid for installation but not the doorS).

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post