SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You'll need a deck weldage.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You'll need a deck weldage. Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Dafuq is a deck weldage?

Okay, so I was mowing the lawn on my 19 year old mower. I bought a used Husqvarna zero turn back in 2006 and it now throws the belt of the mowing deck at least three times.

The pulleys were fine, but the bushing for the tensioner is shot. Checked all of the diagrams for a new one and searched the manuals.

Tensioner assembly? Idler arm? Tensioner bracket? Brace? Alignment assembly? No!

I need a deck weldage! Roll Eyes It is fastened to the mower deck with (gasp!) bolts. No weldage is needed for the installation of the weldage.

So I guess I shouldn't complain since the mower cost me $700... $45 later and the problem is solved.

What crazy names have you came across when trying to find something you thought was called something else?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So... Wouldn't that be a deck boltage then?

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I know, right? Don't give them any ideas about renaming it. Big Grin

Even better is that it is now discontinued and I had to find older stocked retailers.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I thought boltage was electrical.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Yeah, like when your electric car catches on fire.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Weird translation from Swedish?

Translations of Asian manuals, or English manuals written by Asians are often treasures of odd phrasing and word choices.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
An assembly made of various pieces welded together is called a "weldment". I suspect that's what they were going for.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Yeah, like when your electric car catches on fire.

Like this? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Weldage

The webbing-like adhesive effect which welds the scrotum to the inner thigh

Time to rearrange on this hot and humid day. I've got some serious weldage going on.

Are you sure you read it correctly? Could it be dick weldage?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Dafuq is a deck weldage?
It requires fitment.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post