SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I did something childish yesterday…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I did something childish yesterday… Login/Join 
posted
And I don’t feel too bad about it.
The kid called me for a ride home from school after practice yesterday. No problem. I pick the kid up and as I’m leaving the lot, some jackass in a Jeep pulls out of a lane (blindly) right in front of me just to pull back into the next lane to get an open parking spot. Then he got out of his truck and sauntered up to the building without a care in the world. It’s a high school parking lot. Last time I checked it’s a place loaded with 14-18 year old kids walking around not always paying attention to cars. I took the kid home, wrote a letter with a few choice words, and returned to the school to put it on this dickheads windshield.
No sir, I don’t feel bad at all. I hope this jackwagon was butt hurt all night.

Posts: 965 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I dunno. More adolescent than childish in my opinion...

Had you gone back and let the air out of his tires, that would've been childish.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Good for you.. too many people in too much of a hurry not thinking about anyone but themselves...

I left my dog in my work van one day for about 30 minutes in the heat...he was okay but someone called and left a message on my answering machine because my work number is on my vehicle and I returned the call ... caller ID and thanked them for their concern and explained that I was only gone for a few minutes.... dog had water and a fan blowing on him.... but that I applauded them for their message....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You were nice as I would have found out who the jackwad was and raised holy hell with him and his parents.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bald1, He was the parent. A full grown adult.
The only reason I didn’t get out is because my kid was in the car.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:

Ah gotcha. I didn't equate immature jackass at a HS parking lot to a parent.

Sadly bets are he is one of those self-righteous entitled jackwads (judging from his actions you described) who will disregard completely your well crafted critique of his stupidity.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You know the worst parking lot offenders? The fuckers who take up 2 parking spaces. Despise them with a passion.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are annoying also but they’re not going to run over some kid that was looking in her bag for lip gloss. Let’s hope his kid is smarter than dad is.

posted Hide Post
With a little luck, the mother had a blinding flash of intelligence, and "his" kid won't actually be his. That takes the DNA out of the equation.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
I dunno. More adolescent than childish in my opinion...

Had you gone back and let the air out of his tires, that would've been childish.

I had an asshole pour a beer from the hotel balcony at the beach in my open convertible in college. I waited for them to finally go to sleep and went down to the parking lot and ripped the valve stems from all his raised Jeep's tires.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34126 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You know the worst parking lot offenders? The fuckers who take up 2 parking spaces. Despise them with a passion.

I despise them too. That being said, some years ago I had to go to the post office (work related). It's a busy high volume P.O. with a lot of in and out traffic. So I pull into the lot. All you need are a few people to park really out of alignment and it can throw the whole line of cars way off the assigned parking spots, with cars parked straddling the lines. Well that was the case for me. There was only one spot available so I parked there. I was partially in two spots, but that was the only thing available. In I went and I conducted my business. When I came out some of the cars had cleared out. So at that point when I came out it appeared like my car had been parked by a person who was legally blind. So some guy started a major rant at me as I approached my car about my driving skills. My initial reaction was to tell him to go perform an obscene act on himself. But I decided to talk to the guy. I told him what happened. To his credit, he apologized and said he understood. Yes there was an ass hole. But it was the first or maybe second person who parked way off base.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I, too, had a "thing" at the Post Office. It was a Saturday morning, so a lot of people off work and getting their Post Office errands done before the noon closing.

I arrived and found only one possible place to park, it was a partial slot, the "partial" created by a Corvette that had been parked deliberately straddling the line, taking two spaces, the last and next-to-last at the end of the row. I was able to squeeze in to what remained of the end space with the passenger side of my car three or four inches from the Corvette, and the driver side a few inches from a curb with a grassy area past the curb, so I had no problem exiting my car.

I went in, got the mail from my box, sorted and placed the junk mail in the recycle bin, which took a few minutes. Back out to the parking lot, and here were two pissed-off young guys carefully pushing the Corvette back out of their two parking places.

I got into my faded-paint, 1978 Mercedes non-turbo diesel, fired it up with the normal initial belch of dense black smoke, and backed out while they were pounding on my trunk and screaming at me. I departed the parking lot with a couple of road-ragers following me in the Corvette. They followed me all the way to a convenience store where I spotted a parked police car, that I pulled in next to. Road-rager dudes decided that they had business to attend to elsewhere, while I chatted with the cop.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Almost every time there is a really bad road rage incident , it begins the same way . Somebody gets out of their vehicle . Here's a good piece of advice , stay in your vehicle . Nothing good can come from confronting a dickhead in the street .

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Everyone in a car is a danger to you, never get out of the car, and don't start confrontations, you just lost your advantage of self defense at that point if it goes bad and you end up in a fight.

Buddy used to do that on his motorcycle, once he was cut off and darn near hit if he hadn't been lucky enough to be missed by an elderly man in a car. At the Light he pulled up to the older couple and pounded on the window, started giving them crap, I stayed back watched and waited to see what happened and out of range...

Told him later, it's Florida, they could easily have a gun, or, just ran his ass over with a 3000 pound car, and claimed the big bad biker was trying to break into the car and hurt him and his elderly wife. Self defense would be their claim and he'd be dead or in a hospital bed with everything broken...

I think he got the message, since he stopped doing that stuff

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post