SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Some smokers are rude and inconsiderate!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some smokers are rude and inconsiderate! Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Picked up 150+ cigarette butts in a 20 ft³ area outside of work today. 95% were all the same butts. What the fuck dude do you not realize it's a bad idea to throw smoldering things in mulch and leaves?

There are two ashtrays and a trashcan with 15' of where I picked these up.

Escalated it to management. Besides it being a fire hazard, it makes us look bad to customers and upper management. Being my assigned building we'd get hammered if execs saw this shit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We actually had a burger joint catch fire because some dickhead threw a lit cigarette in the landscape mulch while sitting in the drive thru line .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
We actually had a burger joint catch fire because some dickhead threw a lit cigarette in the landscape mulch while sitting in the drive thru line .

That happened a lot at banks where I grew up in NC one hot dry summer. All the businesses with drive thrus eventually replaced the mulch with stone because smoker assholes wouldn’t stop throwing the smoldering butts into the fire hazards.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The few are spoiling it for the many in my apt. building.

Guests of a neighbor go down to the garage and puff away, three times a day

I have great neighbors,
( None of which smoke)

I can not come up with a way to approach the problem,.
They are going to be here two more weeks.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I can not come up with a way to approach the problem

You go up to those reportedly great neighbors, smile, and say:

"Hi there, I'm [XYZ]. You guys are great neighbors, but I'm afraid that your guests are causing a problem by [doing whatever they're doing since you didn't specify]. Please ask them to [do whatever you want them to do instead]. Myself and your other neighbors would sure appreciate it. Thank you!"

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The few are spoiling it for the many in my apt. building.

Guests of a neighbor go down to the garage and puff away, three times a day

I have great neighbors,
( None of which smoke)

I can not come up with a way to approach the problem,.
They are going to be here two more weeks.
The garage is a no smoking area ?

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
We had it is bad at work that two of us set outside of the room during a meeting.

Finally, the company had a ban on smoking in the building. We figured we lost an hour to two hours from these employees a day.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Caught the guy at work who's been throwing the butts in our mulch/landscaping at work (see bag of butts above). His car looks like a homeless person lives in it. Floor is covered with same brand cigarette boxes and empty Mt Dew cans, plus a bunch of other trash. It's been a week long sting involving me and security. Our guard came in with a big smile on her face this morning, I just say to her I know what you're about to say, but I just figured it out.

Guy is in a different department, I'm going to pass my intel to my manager and let him talk to the manager of the asshole.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
We figured we lost an hour to two hours from these employees a day.
I like to joke that I should take up smoking so I can take a break.

I can't afford to smoke. Not just because of the cost, but as a tradesman on piece work I can't afford to take the time. Also, I have no sympathy for smokers who complain about not being able to make ends meet. Just one pack a day is $200 a month.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
There's an employee of Homeland Security in Washington D.C. whose name I forget as his nickname is memorable. It's Smoke break. That's what everyone calls him and it's appropriate.

The guy spends around 6 hours a day in the smoking area and the rest of the 8 hours doing his job.

We taxpayers pay for it, of course.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
We figured we lost an hour to two hours from these employees a day.
I like to joke that I should take up smoking so I can take a break.

A cook I worked with about twenty years ago did this. He said it was bullshit that the smokers could go for a break whenever they wanted and he couldn’t as he didn’t smoke. I have a memory of him sitting on a pile of 50# sacks of potatoes, lit cigarette in hand, just staring off into space. This was after they changed the paper so you had puff on it or they’d go out, and eventually he did turn into a smoker likely from getting some on those little puffs. Nice guy, not all that bright.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Dipping is just as bad. Nice big plug as you open your car door. Mike Leach the MS. state coach even dips during press conferences. Classy!

Our high school class traveled to Mississippi State for a football game back in the mid 1970s. We pulled into a parking spot. I got out on the passenger side and kicked a cup that was sitting beside the car. Guess what was in it and where it landed? Mad I've hated that school ever since. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
I’m with Recoatlift -

I don’t mind smokers BUT - What really ticks me off is the apparent attitude of “The World is my ashtray”.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post