SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    President Trump is my Hero but
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump is my Hero but Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I wish he and his family &friends would stop texting me for advice 6 or 17 times a day.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15906 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think most of it is phishing or an annoyance campaign by the opposition.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107682 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get the opposite. I've had my phone number for 20 years, but before that, It must have belonged to a raging democrat named Charles. Charles also never paid his bills on time, so I get the occasional debt collector.

At first, I would reply LGB or FJB. Now I just text STOP as it is probably a computer texting me.

Posts: 674 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yep, annoying

Equally annoying political texters spawned from Winred which is the republican fundraising site and where 2020 Trump reelection campaign donations went. Those bastards give my cell # to national candidates (senate and congress) in seemingly every state in the country including ones I've never visited. Some of the texts have a link to donate at Winred, but there is no way to unsubscribe and they have some douchey "not responsible fro what campaigns do after we give them your info" FAQ. How about not giving my info outside the State of Texas you fucking douchenozzles?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23302 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
tatortodd, I blame Winred for the hundreds of texts and e-mails I get every single frickin' day. I haven't donated money since 2020, because of this. It doesn't help. I unsubscribe, doesn't help. I report texts as junk, block numbers, doesn't help.
Keep hoping it will stop after the election. It won't.
As close as any of us will get to immortality--political nags extending to the end of the universe.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a few unwanted political texts, found that replying STOP does work. I am donating to the RNC this year, by mailing a check.

Posts: 425 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
I received a few unwanted political texts, found that replying STOP does work.
You're lucky. Like many, I reply STOP 6 to 12 times a day for political texts, but it never stops.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23302 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't receive any political texts. I am happy about that.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post