SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Customer Service ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer Service ... Login/Join 
posted
When you ask an Associate for assistance with an item that is on the very top shelf and they tell you " I can't reach that . " , and walk away...

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

But yes, customer service is almost non existent, it's a shame

I just came back from a week in the Czech Republic and Poland, I was astonished at the pride people took in their work. In everything they do.

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I helped another customer reach something while at the grocery store last week. I had a good foot of height on him, but the item was still out of reach. I didn’t want to risk a climb, so I picked up my 5yr old, held him above my head, and had him grab the item.

Win.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I would have gotten his name and talked to his manager.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
When you ask an Associate for assistance with an item that is on the very top shelf and they tell you " I can't reach that . " , and walk away...

And I can almost guarantee you that the associate feels they are underpaid and overworked.

Posts: 1956 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Needed a can of etching primer, Home Desperate says they have 8 in stock, nothing on the shelf, that's above my 6 ft 2 inch height, tip toe up and sure as shit someone shoved all 8 cans to the back where you'd need Shaq to get to them. Nobody around to help, and they'd need to be 7 ft tall.

So over to the lawn sprinkler aisle, grab a 3 ft precut section of 1/3 inch pvc, pop on a 90 corner, and a pre shaped u piece, made my own hook to reach way back, got the paint... Left the hook...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I spent yesterday being insulted by customer service in various situations.. a real eye-opener as to what’s happened in the last year or two. Incredibly rude staff. Part of me thought maybe it was just me, but I was being polite and courteous and thoughtful with my questions and trying to find it myself before asking. Here’s a tip for staff: go check stock before you commit to somebody over the phone from two hours away that you actually have it - and you will have it when I get there the next day.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5272 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Had to laugh at this. Back 4 decades ago when I was single and living in NYC I would fantasize about meeting girls in the supermarket.

But the only females who would talk to me were the old ladies who needed me to reach the prune juice on the top shelf.

Posts: 1264 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Here’s a tip for staff: go check stock before you commit to somebody over the phone from two hours away that you actually have it...

Yeah, good luck with that. They don't give a shit what you need as long as they think you'll come in the store and buy the next closest thing.

Not their gas you are burning to get there.

"Every call results in a visit!" I used to work for such a Manny, Moe, & Jackass that did business this way.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spent yesterday being insulted by customer service in various situations.. a real eye-opener as to what’s happened in the last year or two. Incredibly rude staff. Part of me thought maybe it was just me, but I was being polite and courteous and thoughtful with my questions and trying to find it myself before asking. Here’s a tip for staff: go check stock before you commit to somebody over the phone from two hours away that you actually have it - and you will have it when I get there the next day.

When I was still in the auto and motorcycle parts business I’d physically check the bin for phone in requests and offer to hold it for a reasonable time like 24 hours. I’d even check the bin when the inventory showed zero, hey, posting errors happen.

A lot of times people would come in and when they found out we were out of stock and they were told by another dealer that we had the part on hand. I’d ask them if anyone called to check if it was actually on hand or if they had gone by the information on the locator.

And of course neither they or the other dealer had called to check and it was all our fault.

Problem was the parts locator was anywhere between 1-7 days behind as they are not in real time.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8064 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
To me it depends on where you were shopping. If it was Walmart, you aren’t paying for customer service, so I would just chalk it up. I prefer to pay more for products and get customer service so I pay higher prices that allow retailers to provide customer service and avoid Walmart like the plague. I’m at the point that if I’m buying from a big box store instead of a local business then I don’t expect to be served and then I’m not disappointed. The American consumer has driven hard for a race to the bottom so they can get the absolute lowest possible price, no matter the consequence and then bitches about self checkout, not enough associates, lack of product knowledge etc. I personally find it humorous and it just makes me treasure my local businesses where I pay a bit more but get treated with actual customer service.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5556 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spent yesterday being insulted by customer service in various situations.. a real eye-opener as to what’s happened in the last year or two. Incredibly rude staff. Part of me thought maybe it was just me, but I was being polite and courteous and thoughtful with my questions and trying to find it myself before asking. you actually have iHere’s a tip for staff: go check stock before you commit to somebody over the phone from two hours away that t - and you will have it when I get there the next day.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If and when I call looking for something spefic I get employees name and have them go and physically put their hand on the item. Tell them to put my name on it and when to expect my arrival... Actually worded like that. ..... What gets me madder than hell when the web site shows multible quanity in stock and stock location but upon arrival at store the items can not be found even when instore computer shows it in stock........... drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Walmart app showed the item I wanted was in stock, so I went to the store, item was not on the shelf. I asked an employee (what's the difference between an employee and an "associate?") for help. She checked, told me "yes, it's in the back on a pallet, buried behind today's truck delivery, and we can not get access to it. Maybe tomorrow?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that, this week, so I decided to order the online thing for curbside pickup. It worked great 2x yesterday.

When you get the message that your order for ready to pickup, it should definitely be, because they have to scan the bar code.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame the suits .
They don't give a shit these days.
They don't offer the support that is required.

They are too busy counting their money.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54480 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Walmart app showed the item I wanted was in stock, so I went to the store, item was not on the shelf. I asked an employee (what's the difference between an employee and an "associate?") for help. She checked, told me "yes, it's in the back on a pallet, buried behind today's truck delivery, and we can not get access to it. Maybe tomorrow?"

If they took the time to go and look and find it, you'd think they could make the effort to get it unburied and bring it to you... but then that might actually take work.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I blame the suits .
They don't give a shit these days.
They don't offer the support that is required.

They are too busy counting their money.

I disagree . The " suits " usually have no idea that there's a problem . If you report an employee to their Manager , a lot of times the Manager has their hands tied by HR . The employee will report the incident as harassment . If you go to a District Manager with a complaint , it's the same thing .They don't want their boss to know there's a problem because it might cost them their bonus or even their job . So if they initiate disciplinary action , the cat is out of the bag .
My wife is a retired manager from Lowe's . I could tell you stories that you wouldn't believe . The inmates truly run the asylum . She retired because she was unable to run her departments like they were supposed to be run . Yet she was still held accountable . Not worth the stress . Sorry to be so long winded but it was a frustrating situation for her and I was glad when she left it behind .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

If they took the time to go and look and find it, you'd think they could make the effort to get it unburied and bring it to you... but then that might actually take work.
She checked the listing, then walked back to the stockroom and she could see the pallet by looking between two other fully loaded pallets. No way to access what I needed without unloading the pallets that were blocking it, which would have taken an hour or two. I wasn't going to wait. The girl did what she could, but there's a limit to what she can do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Customer service, hah. I got off the phone with Tracfone CS this morning after waiting 45 minutes. Spoke with an off shore little dingbat who, I believe, could not find her ass with both hands.

She offered to email me instructions after I gave her my email address, which I asked her to repeat to me for clarification.

Her answer:"I can't give you an email address over the phone".

I'm still waiting for the email from her.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I shit-canned Straight Talk, which is part of the Tracfone family, because of frustration with the customer NO-service from their call center in the Philippines.

Switched to Spectrum mobile. Lower cost, and customer service is U.S. based; in fact, the walk-in Spectrum store near me is staffed by courteous, helpful, employees.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים