New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
It's been a shitty year, good riddance. Mad
I'm still here to bitch about it so there's that.

Blood draw and infusion straps --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2021 was a shitty year for me until 2022 showed up. I am not counting those two years. One day into 2023 and I’m not sure what surprises I have waiting for me.

Posts: 74 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you Rip. I just got my annual blood draw to check everything for my Doctor. Last year at this time was the best phone call I ever received from anyone on this Earth. Doc calls and says would I like to know my results? I say yes. He says immediately “Tom Brady”. I say WTF does that mean? He goes on to tell me perfect blood work, and whatever I’m doing he wished his other patients would do the same. I was proud, but not prideful, because I worked my ass off for that call for a long time. Eating clean, exercising like my life depended on it.

So I just did it this year, always very end of the year so last Thursday. I hate needles man, and I have syncope. 2 vials, no problem, 3 I get light headed, 4 or more I’m likely to pass out. It’s not mental either, which is strange. It’s directly related to how much they take. 2 vials this time as the doc asked if I wanted the prostate cancer screen/test which means more blood. So I hate needles, did I say that already? Wink I got the cleanest jab ever by the lady Thursday. I took one look at your photo and said Oh My Fucking Shit. Brother you deserve a good year this year. Eat clean, exercise. I’ll be praying for you. I couldn’t imagine doing it that many times in a year. That’s a mother fucker and I’d be whining like a bitch. If you don’t mind I’d like to save it as a reminded to myself. 2 hours a night in that gym is a bitch but eating clean all the time is an exercise in self denial. Best wishes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post