SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Photobucket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
I haven't used Photobucket for quite awhile now, but today I received an e-mail from them telling me that I had exceeded the limit for free storage space and I needed to delete photos or pay for an upgraded plan. What the heck? So, I took a look to see what was going on, and all of the photos in my knitting project album had been duplicated about twelve times. Then it was a big ordeal to delete them.

What do you think, glitch or scam?

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Probably a glitch, their software always seemed buggy and disjointed to me.

I switched to a free postimage account a while ago.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Photobucket stopped offering free image hosting and started requiring a usage fee maybe a year ago. There were a number of threads about replacement hosting sites. A lot of pictures disappeared in the cat thread.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ Sure, I remember that. I've been using imgr since then. I just thought it was weird that Photobucket is just now contacting me about excessive photos and that the excessive photos are their fault.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I reread your post and I was just about to edit my response.
I would delete everything on Photobucket (it not done already) and forget about it.
How do I delete my Photobucket account?

Glitch or scam? Probably glitch. But at this point, what does it really matter. Smile

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post