SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Note to self... when mowing, dodge the fly trap... OR... Hang the fly trap one inch higher!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Note to self... when mowing, dodge the fly trap... OR... Hang the fly trap one inch higher! Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Oh boy did I stink.

I jussssst grazed a hanging fly trap with my hat as I passed under a tree while mowing this afternoon. A trap baited ~3 weeks ago with left over chicken scraps, stewing in rain water in the 90+ degrees heat. It was working well with probably thousands of flies trapped in the net basket above the putrid gooey nearly dissolved chicken.

So, I slip in the house to change and shower. Wife in the kitchen gets one whiff and NOPE, hands me a Walmart bag and points to the garage.

Sigh... at least she had me a couple sandwiches ready when I was done cleaning up.

Man, that smell, I may have to go take a second shower...

I'll pressure wash the mower tomorrow.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Wash your nostrils.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Never seen one like that. I thought you hit the sticky tape kind.

Posts: 17891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vicks Vapo Rub below your nostrils.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Fairly cheap net trap, shadow bowl hangs below for baiting.
Thought I'd give them a try and hung some away from the house on our large lot to help delete the fly population. Only as effective as your bait. The bowl will catch rain and fill to the brim... Don't bump it!

Amazon link

It's gonna be a while before I eat any more chicken.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I have been able to enjoy something similar.

Many Moons ago, I work for the city's parks. It was a summer job in high school. I cut grass and painted. One year I got put on garage detail after the 4th of July weekend. The 4th was on a Friday that year and it was a Monday.

I had partaken in festives Friday night and like an idiot Sunday night. I was a little hungover Monday and get to work. Boss puts me on garbage detail.

So, hungover hot as hell already at 7 AM and I'm out there throwing trashcans that have spent 3 days cooking in the summer heat! I picked up a can lift it up to dump it and it's heavy as hell and just as I started to tip it the bottom falls out and garbage gooe fills my shoes, mind you the first and last day I didn't wear boots! I'm covered in foul garbage, maggots hungover and cooking in now 90° summer sun. I yacked so had I almost broke a rib!

I couldn't wash it off, no water to be found. The next park had a lake and I jumped in. I still stunk, but mostly smelt of muddy lake water!

Oh the good times....

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

Oh boy did I stink.

Man, that smell, I may have to go take a second shower...
You’re smelling your own top lip.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I go wilderness camping every year with a group of friends. We are all very cognizant of the fact it is a wilderness area and practice a strict pack it in pack it out policy.

I arrived to the area very late the first night and promptly let the dog jump out of the truck and run off to relieve himself. While he was gone I set up my tent and got all situated. I was tired and undressed, crawling my carcass into my sleeping bag when I heard the dog running back towards the tent. As he got closer I became aware of a very bad septic smell. The sunofabitch leapt into my tent covered in the diarrhea he had rolled in. Seems one of my friends barely made it to a a log before he had an ass explosion. The dog got poop all over me, the tent, and my sleeping bag. Now it's 2 am, I just drove 8 hours, and am standing in a river with all of my gear and a 70lb dog washing my friend's diarrhea off of us.

I'll never forget that smell.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone here ever been on KP duty and ordered to clean the mess hall kitchen grease trap?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was about 20, my dad rented a garage under a house downtown as licensed plumber used to have to do to get a Masters license in the city.

We got a call from the landlord that the sewer from upstairs was plugged and could we clean it.Of course we could.

The sewer went out the wall about 6' above the shop floor. I held a bucket under the cleanout, slowly unscrewing the plug, letting water leak into the bucket, trying to empty the line, but it kept plugging up the threads, so I would unsrew it a bit more each time it stopped.

All of a sudden the cap blew off, and I got a 4" waterfall of shit, toilet paper and undigested CORN!! Right over my head and in my face. That was bad!!!! I didn't puke, but it was awful. Dad hooked up a hose and hosed me down outside. We then cleaned the sewer before I got the rest of the day off with pay.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post