SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    perfectly good Cousin Vinny quote withering
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

perfectly good Cousin Vinny quote withering Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
I put a great quote (Humble Opinion) in page 5 of the gas thread on the lounge - and nary a smile nor acknowledgement.

Almost enough to depress a man.

AND PHPaul - are chinese power cords better or worse than the 50 or 60 year old cords that I inherited from my father-in-law ? We still use 'em, but some are kinda scary looking...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Everything that guy just said is bullshit. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I could use a good ass kicking - I'll be very honest with you...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
That was: “use different gas in each car for 2 years and then tear the engines down and observe the differences.” ?

Cousin Vinny said that?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8838 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
AND PHPaul - are chinese power cords better or worse than the 50 or 60 year old cords that I inherited from my father-in-law ? We still use 'em, but some are kinda scary looking...

In many cases, I'd rather have the old stuff. Chances are they were made with actual rubber insulation.

The cloth ones with the twisted wires...not so much.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15176 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
^^^^^
Everything that guy just said is bullshit. Thank you.
Objection. Counsel's entire opening statement is argumentative.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23091 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That explains the hostility.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I put a great quote (Humble Opinion) in page 5 of the gas thread on the lounge - and nary a smile nor acknowledgement.

Almost enough to depress a man....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43800 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" What's a grit ? "

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The two yutes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37076 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The two yutes

What's a yute?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
Are you mocking me?

Posts: 2115 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark

Sorry Lisa.
I love the movie, however, in 1964 the Buick Skylark could be ordered with a posi-traction as an option. (and the Corvair, like the Pontiac Tempest and the Corvette, had independent rear axles)

(I have built own(ed) and maintained several Buicks for over 40 years.)

But if Lisa needs help winding her clock...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43800 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ 4 Degrees TDC?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
You were serious about that?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ 4 Degrees TDC?

The Skylark and Special came with the V6 and the V8 with 2 or 4 bbl carbs.

The GS came with a 401 Nailhead V8, and 4 bbl carb. (in 1965) (although due to GM imposed limit on 400 cubic inches for their intermdeiates, Buick "redesignated" the 401 CI nailhead to a 400 CI for the 1965 and 1966 Skylark GS, and in 1967 a new actual 400 CI V-8 was introduced and the "GS" became it's own model line, and that V8 was also made in the 430 for large body cars, and later the 455 (and the CID restrictions eliminated)

All except the V6 were 2.5 Deg BTDC
Vac Adv disconnected and source plugged.

The V6 was 5 deg BTDC.

My father and uncles (on both sides of the family) and both grandfathers were all mechanics, machinists, built aircraft, and designed, built and raced dragsters, designed and manufactured several drag racing innovations, several that are still in use and manufactured today, and many my cousins, my brother and I race. I grew up around it, and have been a mechanic all my life, MC, auto, and many aircraft type.

So, the bit when Lisa is on the stand and says: "Well my father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic. My mothers father was a mechanic, my 3 brothers are mechanics, 4 uncles on my fathers side... "

Is always one of the favorite parts. Smile
(and one of my favorite movies)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well, ah. He's acceptable your honor.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:

This is the ONLY saying I remember from that movie.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post