SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is there some reason I should care what Eva Longoria thinks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there some reason I should care what Eva Longoria thinks? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I know, more or less, who she is.

What I don't know is why I should give a drizzly shit what she thinks about UPS and the way they run their business. I've gotten several emails on the subject.

I get "package inbound" and "follow your delivery" stuff from them which I like, so I guess "unsubscribing" is not the answer.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I get "package inbound" and "follow your delivery" stuff from them ...

From whom?

quote:
... so I guess "unsubscribing" is not the answer.

Depends. Often you can unsub from murketing drivel while still getting order confirmations, shipping notifications, etc.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Just one more thing I'm oblivious about.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
I get "package inbound" and "follow your delivery" stuff from them ...

From whom?

UPS

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Did she stop by or call?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only time I will give any thought to Eva is when she knocks on my door after pulling up in a large brown truck. While wearing a brown uniform.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
While wearing a brown uniform.
Or not.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
While wearing a brown uniform.
Or not.

This is about the only time I would give her a second thought

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of her, so unless she's your wife... why should you?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be crude, but does she have big tits?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

Adequate...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not trying to be crude
No need to change for us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^
Outside of the hollows of Kentucky we use the term well endowed. She starred on one of your favorite shows, "The Young and the Restless."

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to UPS, "Eva Longoria is a proud Latina..[who] consciously leveraged her power to help open doors for other women and minorities" (https://solutions.ups.com/eva-longoria-webinar-ussp-page.html?WT.mc_id=SOCIAL_103063) and ensured that Latinx women are well represented on the UPS Leadership team instead of having 75% males and 75% non-Latinx members.

It's a powerful example of how one voice can change the way that companies champion equity in positions of leadership instead of hiring privileged people from institutions like U Penn, Rutgers, Georgetown, and UVA...

...Oh...

Didn't see this page:

https://stories.ups.com/upssto...t-us/leadership.html.

Nevermind. Frown

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
From whom?

UPS

Huh. Dunno. I'm signed-up for UPS My Choice and all I ever get is shipping status notifications.

quote:

Heh. Not that I'm offended or anything, but I will note that, if this is you not trying to be crude, I'd hate to see the results of you actually, y'know, trying

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
She starred on one of your favorite shows, "The Young and the Restless."

I know her from Desperate Housewives.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
In a word, "No."

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I care not what an actor, actress, social media influencer, any and all Kardashians, singers or random CEO thinks.

I am pretty sure all the above don't give a damn about what I think.

We are even.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
She does a decent job of the whole "entertainer" thing, IMO.

Like you guys, I don't need an entertainer to be my social or political conscience.

Dolly Parton gets it. She should put on regular workshops on this topic for Hollwood, maybe titled something like: "Dollars don't have politics, and people don't give a flying piss what you think, so STFU and just entertain them."

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I care not what an actor, actress, social media influencer, any and all Kardashians, singers or random CEO thinks.

I am pretty sure all the above don't give a damn about what I think.

We are even.

Perfectly stated. Just because someone has a single skill and is good at pretending to be someone else, why would that make them worth listening to?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post