SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $10 to ship a single front sight post and no tracking
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$10 to ship a single front sight post and no tracking Login/Join 
posted
I ordered a single front sight post and it was $10 shipping. It’s been 5 business days and I don’t even have a tracking number. My invoice says completed-shipped the day I ordered.

I’m usually pretty patient but for $10 to ship one of the smallest items I’m a little pissed.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Did they not tell you the shipping cost?

Seems kind of silly to get pissed now if you agreed to pay it then.

Did they promise shipping info or was it assumed?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6302 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently you woke up on the wrong side of the bed in Korea. Lol. 10 bucks shipping for a front sight I would expect tracking info. Even shitty USPS shipping will give you tracking for that amount.

I will assume the buyer understood he was overpaying for shipping when he hit “confirm order”. He probably expected, reasonably, that he would get some way to track with that overpayment.

Brownells as far as I know doesn’t specifically tell me I will get tracking it’s just kind of normal though. Hell, when I sell something on here I send priority mail and it comes automatically with tracking. Not exactly cutting edge stuff.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Actually was headed to bed from night shift so maybe.

I'm not pissy in the slightest, OP made a deal, agreed to it and then after the fact is complaining for not receiving something never promised. Just seems silly to me is all. And it's been 5 days, I don't think I'd be this irritated for 5 days.

However, OP, carry on if it makes ya feel better.

Was the shipping method regular shipping?

I think I simply disagree with the "reasonable expectation" part, I agree that it's nice to get tracking and I appreciate the hell out of a company that does it. But I would never say to a company, I expect you to provide me shipping, unless it was previously promised. And that's essentially what we're saying here, "I expect to be provided with shipping information". Seems a little silly after the fact is all.

At the end of the day the shipping cost is moot because you agreed to pay it. So what were saying is, "it's been 5 days and I dont have shipping info or a package", without any other info that seems whiny as hell to me.

And "buyer expected" translates to "buyer assumed" for me. And again, I disagree that it's reasonable, simply a false assumption.

Sorry lol, just one dude's opinion.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6302 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Actually was headed to bed from night shift so maybe.

I'm not pissy in the slightest, OP made a deal, agreed to it and then after the fact is complaining for not receiving something never promised. Just seems silly to me is all. And it's been 5 days, I don't think I'd be this irritated for 5 days.

However, OP, carry on if it makes ya feel better.

Was the shipping method regular shipping?

I think I simply disagree with the "reasonable expectation" part, I agree that it's nice to get tracking and I appreciate the hell out of a company that does it. But I would never say to a company, I expect you to provide me shipping, unless it was previously promised. And that's essentially what we're saying here, "I expect to be provided with shipping information". Seems a little silly after the fact is all.

At the end of the day the shipping cost is moot because you agreed to pay it. So what were saying is, "it's been 5 days and I dont have shipping info or a package", without any other info that seems whiny as hell to me.

And "buyer expected" translates to "buyer assumed" for me. And again, I disagree that it's reasonable, simply a false assumption.

Sorry lol, just one dude's opinion.

Man, tough crowd. Yes its all assumptions. I guess I assumed the sight was in stock too since it was not specifically listed as backordered.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a cartoon many years ago. It featured a guy in front of a counter. There was a banner that read COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT in large block letters. There was a stern looking woman behind the counter. There was a caption below the cartoon that read "Tough shit next complaint."

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For 10 bucks to ship an item, I would expect a tracking number. I don't know what sort of cheese-dick shipping that can be picked that doesn't provide one. Especially in these days of packages getting stolen off porches - how is a customer supposed to know when it shipped, when it is projected to arrive, where it is, and then that it arrived. I can see the company/person being too lazy/unorganized to provide the tracking number to the customer that purchased the item.

I would call and ask for the tracking number for your invoice.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there even a method of shipping that doesn’t provide tracking? Even usps first class shipping comes with a tracking number (it’s pretty terrible tracking, but it still exists)

I don’t think 5 days is anything to complain about if it says it’s shipped then it’s probably coming… Amazon has ruined shipping for any business that isn’t Amazon…. We get orders all the time that will order at 2p and at 205 we are receiving an email asking why they haven’t received a tracking number

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Shipping costs have zero to do with what it really costs to ship..

It's an add on fee, for handling and includes shipping costs. Few companies just pass through the actual shipping costs anymore.

Might have gone into a USPS envelope, which will take some time and have no tracking.

Posts: 23373 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Setting aside the question of the validity of the OP's complaint in light of that to which he may have agreed: Yeah, $10 for shipping and handling and not getting a tracking number would be pretty lame.

I just paid $8.45 to ship two sets of 1911 grip panels to the far end of the country, USPS Priority 2-Day.

Conversely: It may be he's received no tracking number because the thing hasn't actually physically shipped?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
And if placed in a padded USPS shipping envelope and sent regular snail mail speed which requires no tracking info number and with the NEW shipping times as now being posted by the USPS what was 2 to 3 days time frame is now 5 days or more. Good luck. .............................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1997 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post