SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bully Merger Gets A Lesson On The Law
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bully Merger Gets A Lesson On The Law Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is nothing compared to Philly traffic, you'd have 3 or 4 people bully merging like that while some asshole would be driving up the shoulder on the other side. Cops won't do a thing.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Umm...white.....yes...............bigtime.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in your state but not universally prohibited.

Pavement markings are used to convey messages to roadway users. They indicate which part of the road to use, provide information about conditions ahead, and indicate where passing is allowed. Yellow lines separate traffic flowing in opposite directions. Drivers should stay to the right of yellow lines. A solid yellow line indicates that passing is prohibited. A dashed yellow line indicates that passing is allowed. White lines separate lanes for which travel is in the same direction. A double white line indicates that lane changes are prohibited. A single white line indicates that lane changes are discouraged. A dashed white line indicates that lane changes are allowed.

source - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/ser...hwaop02090/index.htm

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thezoltar:

Umm...white.....yes...............bigtime.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in your state but not universally prohibited.

Pavement markings are used to convey messages to roadway users. They indicate which part of the road to use, provide information about conditions ahead, and indicate where passing is allowed. Yellow lines separate traffic flowing in opposite directions. Drivers should stay to the right of yellow lines. A solid yellow line indicates that passing is prohibited. A dashed yellow line indicates that passing is allowed. White lines separate lanes for which travel is in the same direction. A double white line indicates that lane changes are prohibited. A single white line indicates that lane changes are discouraged. A dashed white line indicates that lane changes are allowed.

source - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/ser...hwaop02090/index.htm[/QUOTE]

But... will that hold up in traffic court??

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I got pulled over for crossing a white line about 10 or 12 years ago -- the white line on the right side of the road!!! It was a 55mph road, one lane each direction, a guy pulled on from a side road and 100 yards up, stopped to turn left. I crossed the white line onto the paved shoulder to pass him, mostly since it happened so fast I didn't know if anybody was behind me, and got a warning ticket from a cop going the other way.

You passed on an area that is not designated as a travel lane. Will get you a ticket in most, if not all, municipalities.

Rule of thumb - if it isn't a lane, don't use it.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post