SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx Ground: "When it absolutely, positively doesn't matter when, or even if, it gets there."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx Ground: "When it absolutely, positively doesn't matter when, or even if, it gets there." Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Everybody has their experiences with the different package delivery companies, but, for my money FedEx Ground is absolutely, positively the worst of them all.

I think I've had all of two packages shipped to me by FedEx Ground in recent history. One got within 50-60 miles or so of me, then was sent off several hundred miles in the wrong direction.

Latest stunt--and this isn't the first time one of their drivers has pulled this one:
quote:

Hi, ensigmatic. We were unable to complete delivery of your package from <somebody>.

Exception Reason
1. Customer Not Available or Business Closed
Recommended Action
1. Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.

We made a delivery attempt: 01/10/2022 04:26 PM.

They did no such thing.

It's a residence, so it's not "closed." My wife and I have been home all day. It's a small ranch house, so we're easily within earshot of the front door--unless we're in the back yard or downstairs (which we haven't been). Plus I have two surveillance cameras in the front--neither of which show any activity anywhere around that time.

Called FedEx and pitched a bitch, for all the good that does.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
That notice of attempted delivery is almost word for word the same as one I got from the USPS a few months back.

And we were both in the house at the time as was the dog who will bark at almost any sound coming in from outside the home or the doorbell. She never barked.

3 hours later, at 9PM, somebody dumped the package at our front door, though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are assuming that the non-delivery excuse relates to YOUR delivery! If the driver had any closed business or unavailable recipient during his day, perhaps he’s telling you what happened to him that day and hoping you interpret it as applicable to your location? Maybe a less-than-subtle way of getting out of doing the job?

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:

You guys are assuming that the non-delivery excuse relates to YOUR delivery! If the driver had any closed business or unavailable recipient during his day, perhaps he’s telling you what happened to him that day and hoping you interpret it as applicable to your location? Maybe a less-than-subtle way of getting out of doing the job?
When I received that BS, it was associated with the specific tracking number for my package.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My FedEx guy has now decided that the 15 yard walk to my front door is too much and has started to deliver packages to my mailbox. When you track packages post delivery it always says left at the front door. I feel your pain.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Only thing worse than FEDEX ground is their unholy alliance with USPS (aka FEDEX "Smart" Post). FEDEX delivers to USPS and even their half-assed tracking comes to an abrupt halt. Then, USPS delivers it if/when they feel like it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Well, they came through on their "second attempt," so all's well that ends well, I guess.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the street three houses down the street is close enough right?

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You should deal with Lazer Ship. Mad
The last two packages were left in the driveway.
These people must be brain dead.

https://lasership.com/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:

UPS guy did that to me once, stayed at the office waiting on a delivery, past 5, watched him drive right by and then the status changed to attempted delivery, office closed. He just didn't want to stop.

Called UPS immediately, informed them the package was sent overnight, at a high price and was absolutely needed now, it was critical hence paying extra, got the excuse they used from the drivers comments and until I told them A) I'm sitting here, B) got your driver on video just driving by. They made him turn around and bring me the package. Brown shirted sob didn't even apologize he knew he was caught, but I got my stuff...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The die the same thing to me the week after Christmas. Tracking said they left a delivery notice on the door and left the package with the local post office. The second half was true. The first half was nonsense because we had snowpocalypse and NOBODY came up our street and there was no notice on the door.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Latest stunt--and this isn't the first time one of their drivers has pulled this one:
quote:

Hi, ensigmatic. We were unable to complete delivery of your package from <somebody>.

Exception Reason
1. Customer Not Available or Business Closed
Recommended Action
1. Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.

We made a delivery attempt: 01/10/2022 04:26 PM.

They did no such thing.

It's a residence, so it's not "closed." My wife and I have been home all day. It's a small ranch house, so we're easily within earshot of the front door--unless we're in the back yard or downstairs (which we haven't been). Plus I have two surveillance cameras in the front--neither of which show any activity anywhere around that time.

Called FedEx and pitched a bitch, for all the good that does.

Man, they did that to me with an NFA item coming back from a gunsmith.

I took a day off work to be here for the rifle. Email showed delivery at 8:00pm. I was within 10 feet of my front door ALL DAY.

I about lost my goddamn mind and was ready to file a police report. Rifle showed up the next day, just left on the front porch, no signature. Driver clearly just wanted to go home at the end of shift (even though my house is always late morning/early afternoon delivery time for FedEx) and marked it as delivered.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FEDEX Ground is the worst. My pre-ban Galil took 13 days to cross from WA to VA, with a 5-day period of being temporarily lost outside of Chicago.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post