SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No more Hickory Smoke Spam?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more Hickory Smoke Spam? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
No more in my cupboard, and I haven’t been able to find any at my grocery stores for more than two weeks.

Why?!?! A meat shortage can’t account for it because there’s plenty of regular Spam at all of my grocery stores.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8914 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I believe manufacturers have narrowed production of goods to use their materials & capacity to make only their mainstream best-sellers. Supply chain is really borked right now & it wouldn't surprise me to see this continue. We saw it with sodas last year because (they said) of COVID.

Anecdotal to be sure, but I believe we are no longer afforded as many choices of a lot of products.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I would call a shortage of Spam a blessing from above

Posts: 5315 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
WallyMart

Order $35.00 and get free curbside pickup.

Posts: 11834 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I at so much of that stuff while serving in the Navy that the thought of SPAM makes me feel sick. It doesn't even taste like chicken.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can order any of their many varieties from their website .

Posts: 4040 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Plenty of it for sale on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hic...pam&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Yep, I have twelve 12 oz cans coming from Amazon tomorrow.

They charged me 73 bucks, but fortunately I can easily afford it. I’d rather buy local, but if the locals refuse to supply a commodity product then they lose yet another sale to Amazon.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8914 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

They charged me 73 bucks, but fortunately I can easily afford it. I’d rather buy local, but if the locals refuse to supply a commodity product then they lose yet another sale to Amazon.

What time do you expect me for dinner?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Two weeks? Spam classic just started showing up at stores around here in the last two weeks after no show for more than a year and a few months.

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

73 bucks ? You got hosed . You can order it direct for $3.50 per can .

Posts: 4040 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
<snip>
73 bucks ? You got hosed . You can order it direct for $3.50 per can .

$3.50 * 12 = $42. Plus significant shipping cost I’d guess. Amazon Prime means free shipping. Two other points:

#1 – I wanted it ASAP, and doubt that your source would’ve got it to my doorstep as fast as Amazon Prime.

#2 – The cost difference is utterly insignificant for me.

Serious about crackers

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I at so much of that stuff while serving in the Navy that the thought of SPAM makes me feel sick. It doesn't even taste like chicken.

I don’t know what your Navy cooks did with Spam, but when it’s properly fried it makes a sandwich that’s just flat out tasty. Proper frying creates a crispy, browned crust that adds a whole new flavor dimension. This 3-minute video is pretty close to the way I do it:

https://youtu.be/n1_BjdeHDws

It ain’t hard! And, as you said, it sure doesn’t taste like chicken! Smile

Serious about crackers

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I love Spam.

An isle of Spam in Kailua, Hawaii:

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
If you were trying to impress me be advised that you succeeded. Big time!

Serious about crackers

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I can't believe no one has posted the classic Monty Python spam sketch. See if you can read the 2 menu boards.

Posts: 11834 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried spam hotdogs? Maybe unavailable
but wanted to ask.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^
If you were trying to impress me be advised that you succeeded. Big time!

Not my picture, but I was there and I too, was impressed.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
Has anyone tried spam hotdogs? Maybe unavailable
but wanted to ask.

I thought you were pulling my leg, but I now see that there really are Spam hotdogs, although I’ve never seen any:
https://tastyislandhawaii.com/...04/23/spam-hot-dogs/

But I like my Spam fried. Crispy outside, tender inside, like this 2’ 52” video:
https://youtu.be/n1_BjdeHDws

Has to be fried in an iron pan at high heat or it won’t be right.

Serious about crackers

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:...

Did you remember the mint jelly?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43853 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post