SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No success selling lead dispensers (firearms)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No success selling lead dispensers (firearms) Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
I have no idea why the market is so soft. Trying to sell locally, on a local forum, it is just sad. Items priced reasonably just sit there. I have some nice items for sale, and discounted (so to speak) to be at a reasonable value. No traffic. Do I just own items that no one wants? At some point, reducing the price just makes no sense. I hate having a few thousand dollars in items up for sale and no way to unload them.

I've had them listed on our forum, and apparently they are not desirable here either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5043 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had trouble too. Selling a new Gen 5 Glock 19 with Trijicons for $480 and no bites at all. I ended up selling it after 3 months but to a buddy.

Posts: 10848 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem is how little extra cash folks have laying around. Can't buy toys if it's going into gas tanks and for groceries.

Posts: 2830 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have no idea why the market is so soft.
Could be the time of the year? Christmas will be here soon, you know Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Part of the problem is how little extra cash folks have laying around. Can't buy toys if it's going into gas tanks and for groceries.

You just have to get your priorities straightened out then. Wink

Posts: 10848 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
It's a buyers market right now. Perceived low prices on a lot of stuff due to BF deals, and I am just trying to accessorize the stuff I already have.

Not to mention getting Form 1s started (submitted 3-today) ahead of the ATFs new crackdown on previously fine braced firearms.

Posts: 2006 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
In a nutshell, it's the supply and demand thing.

Q

Posts: 26305 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I had trouble too. Selling a new Gen 5 Glock 19 with Trijicons for $480 and no bites at all. I ended up selling it after 3 months but to a buddy.

I don't know where you are, but on my local gun board, your G19 would sell within 24 hrs... maybe 2-3 days max during a time like Thanksgiving, the World Series, or a flood watch when fewer guys are checking gun classifieds and preoccupied w/ other things.

And this is accounting for a buyer's market. During Q1 of this year, you could have sold your G19 around here for $600 no problem.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what items you were listing, but demand is definitely starting to decrease and supply is on the rise. Economically, we’re in recession and heading further south before we level off. Locally, shelves are full, my range is less crowded, and online ammo prices are down to a level I haven’t seen since early 2020.

My personal observation has been common guns like P365s, P320s, and Glocks are not commanding decent used prices as the dealer shelves are packed with every variant imaginable at discounted prices. More collectible guns like older S&W or Colt revolvers are still selling with a softer base of people chasing. I pay close attention to the auctions on GunBroker to keep tabs on prices and demand, scratching my head sometimes at the insanity. If you need the cash, lower the price until they sell. If you can afford to sit on the guns and the money tied up in them continue to do so.

Posts: 2945 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great news for us bargain hunters

Posts: 5315 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I think it depends somewhat on your location too. I have a buddy with an FFL back in Oregon and he tells me that it's absolutely crazy over there, what with people trying to buy or sell toys before the new law - effectively a ban on firearm sales/trades - goes into effect in a few days.

After it takes effect and until either it gets shot down by the courts or the required new infrastructure is in place, I expect sales will be pretty dead. "Legal" sales, that is.

Posts: 7258 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I watched Bauer Auctions sell a thousand guns this past weekend and I thought the prices were good.

Posts: 5614 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have a niche reason. I've been wanting to buy a VP9 for a long time but prices have been too high ($1800+). Prices have recently come down a bit (still high but it's possible with patience to get one around $1400).

But I'm not in the market anymore because I've since adopted RDS for my handgun. There isn't an offering for my preferred RDS for VP9 yet. Second choice would be RMR but then I'd want a newer OR version of the VP9 (which are not commonly available and/or too expensive).

I wonder if I could get a shop to do an aftermarket fit of the DP Micro for the VP9....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12710 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you're at, but if you're talking an HK VP9 for 1800, that's nuts. They go for around 700 in this location.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had 3 I was going to sell also and gauged interest/price from a friend who sells quite a few firearms locally.
He told me that I should just hold on to them for now. Even he's not selling much of anything.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
In a nutshell, it's the supply and demand thing.

Yup, price can influence too but depending on how bad you need to move it you may have to take a hit.
Not uncommon in business transactions.
Sorry to say. Frown

Posts: 22884 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've said for years that if you have something you're trying to sell and nobody's buying, you've priced it too high.

Keep lowering your price and ultimately somebody will buy it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I suspect you were overpriced for this market, it's not the panic-buying-I'll-pay-anything-just-give-it-to-me bad days of mid-late 2020:

Black Friday gun sales were third highest ever

Posts: 33734 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I don't know where you're at, but if you're talking an HK VP9 for 1800, that's nuts. They go for around 700 in this location.

Welcome to the world of leftist gun rosters where our rights are limited to what they allow us to buy on the free market (accessible by gov and LE); anything else can be had on the exorbitantly high priced secondary market.

It's like limiting free speech to 386 PC running DOS but you can buy current model PC on the secondary market (available only to the Press) for 4x the free market price.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12710 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
If you have a springfield Ronin in 10mm I'll take it.

it all depends on what it is. I'm sick of jus seeing 320's and 365

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post