SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unwanted political solicitations and status reports from a State I haven't lived in since the early '70s!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unwanted political solicitations and status reports from a State I haven't lived in since the early '70s! Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
For months I have been receiving text messages from any number of political campaigns and elected officials from Pennsylvania.

Invariably I block the number as well as responding STOP to those that offer such.

But it has become increasingly frustrating.

Has Pennsylvania never purged is voter roles?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I shared an apartment in Brooklyn (NYC) with a guy who was originally from Pennsylvania.

Election Day he borrowed my motorcycle to whip back to his old home town to vote. Right after he voted in Brooklyn.

His motto was "Vote early and often."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I doubt it is the voter rolls. They have a database or bought one, and you are on it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I regularly receive texts from the Democratic party from Pennsylvania. At first I deleted and block them, now I send nasty texts back. They usually address me as John (not my name) so I send them back to Mary.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I regularly receive texts from the Democratic party from Pennsylvania. At first I deleted and block them, now I send nasty texts back. They usually address me as John (not my name) so I send them back to Mary.

Try Karen, she has her tentacles into the manager...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The solicitation had an email address that I contacted. They found the list I was on and have removed me. As a follow up I've asked for information on the database/list so that I can reference it when requesting others to delete me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I decided to donate to Trump's campaign and his campaign webpage sent me to WinRed. Turns out Winred is the official RNC website, and those bastards think:
  • I needed to be texted for money in the name of every Trump relative (e.g. Eric) and Trump campaign staffer (e.g. Rudy G). Didn't matter what I did on the website or via text, the texts just kept coming.
  • I need to be texted for money for every senate race in the country. I haven't even visited some of those states let alone lived in them. Again, didn't matter what I did on the website or via text, the texts just keep coming.

I'm sure it's some mook in RNC HQ randomly picking names to assign as textor in their endless thirst for cash.

Fuck 'em, the RNC has steeled me against ever donating again.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    I decided to donate to Trump's campaign and his campaign webpage sent me to WinRed. Turns out Winred is the official RNC website, and those bastards think:
  • I needed to be texted for money in the name of every Trump relative (e.g. Eric) and Trump campaign staffer (e.g. Rudy G). Didn't matter what I did on the website or via text, the texts just kept coming.
  • I need to be texted for money for every senate race in the country. I haven't even visited some of those states let alone lived in them. Again, didn't matter what I did on the website or via text, the texts just keep coming.

I'm sure it's some mook in RNC HQ randomly picking names to assign as textor in their endless thirst for cash.

Fuck 'em, the RNC has steeled me against ever donating again.

• A couple of years back I was getting solicitations for Republican candidates in Colorado. At one point several per day. Never had any connections to Colorado other than visiting the state in 1963,I was twelve at the time and spending three days there in 1982 at the GM Training Center in Denver.

Took several “remove me” actions to be done with those.

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post