SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Reaffirmation on why I still hate Dick's!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reaffirmation on why I still hate Dick's! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
my granddaughter finally got to get enough research to make her decision, S&W Victory.

Excellent choice! Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
<<snip>> Me personally I like mine, but being the father of a beautiful witty 20 college sorority girl I pretty much hate the rest of them.
<<snip>>

I guess I don't understand. Why does having a smart college daughter make you hate all other sporting goods stores??? I understand about the ones who have pulled those evil black rifles and I avoid them also, but not everybody HAS pulled them!

And just for a comparison, my 22-year old daughter just graduated college back in the spring with a perfect straight-A record, and received multiple honors including summa cum laude. She has been shooting since she was around 9 or 10 years old, and received her first rifle for Christmas at the age of 13. She loves shooting my pistols, especially my .22 target pistols, and does an awesome job with my AR-15...

Oh, and she also just landed her first full-time job with an awesome nationwide company making some SERIOUS money, and will be moving to Athens, GA just before Thanksgiving. She has requested that I help her select a home defense pistol for when she starts living alone.

Please explain, if you don't mind!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I guess I don't understand. Why does having a smart college daughter make you hate all other sporting goods stores??? I understand about the ones who have pulled those evil black rifles and I avoid them also, but not everybody HAS pulled them!

The OP hate all other Dicks - penises, not all other sporting good stores.

At least that's how I read it.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

The OP hate all other Dicks - penises, not all other sporting good stores.

At least that's how I read it.

Oh... I get it now. Some days I'm just slow, other days I'm slower, especially after no sleep the night before! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Finding that Victory has been a real PITA! I went to 3 different LGS's today. One said there aren't any, one said maybe in 2 months, and the other said maybe for about $500 IF he could find one since he has "overhead". I called a LGS over in Norfolk, Va and he has a couple in stock at a better price, $50.00 less than the best price over here. So this weekend I'm hoping my girl and I can take a little trip and get her that birthday present granddad promised her.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After Dicks response to Sandy Hook, I refused to go there; there's nothing about their store that would convince me otherwise, since.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh... I get it now. Some days I'm just slow, other days I'm slower, especially after no sleep the night before!

Sorry, my juvenile sense of humor. The exchange between me and my daughter will now make more sense too. She knows how to hit hard with her sharp wit, but truth be told she’s a great conservative kid with strong values.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Update: Took my girl to the LGS and purchased the Victory this afternoon. Gun shop was packed but we were in and out with the Victory in less than an hour. Her background check took no time. Can't wait to get her and her new Victory to the range. Don't know who is more excited, me or her.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you folks expect? They tell you upfront they're dicks.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there really sporting goods and athletic wear brands at Dicks that can't be purchased anywhere else? Even Nike (if that's your thing) and Under Armour can be purchased at places like Kohl's for less $.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I have to admit, that every time I see this thread I chuckle at the title imagining that we have a lesbian on the board needing to vent. Me personally I like mine, but being the father of a beautiful witty 20 college sorority girl I pretty much hate the rest of them.

As to the sporting goods store, I do go out of the way to avoid them at all cost and have since they pulled all the black rifles. As to the reference to my 20 year old daughter. This was an actual exchange that happened a little over a year ago while out with her shopping for new sneakers.

Me: since we can’t find what your looking for, we may just have to order them online.
Her: I was really hoping to at least find a pair to try on and confirm the size I need.
Me: we’ve tried everywhere I can think of.
Her: what about Dick’s
Me: I don’t do Dick’s
Her: I do
Me: (silent pause) Are you trying to break your daddy’s heart, because this is how it’s done!
Her: (uncontrollable laughter)
Me: (uncomfortable laughter)

Truth is she’s a straight A smart witted girl that has an improv response time that would rival the best stand ups. We exchange our blows back and forth and truthfully both feel the other has a slight edge.

All other topics aside, this is an awesome exchange.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I’ve hated Dicks ever since they bought out Galyans.

Yep, they took one of the coolest sporting goods stores ever and neutered it.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post