SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    School Zone Speeders
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School Zone Speeders Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

When they're present, the constables/district officers frequently give an audible warning (chirp the siren/lights).

Not too often I see them actually stop/cite a driver.
Different jurisdictions, different enforcement patterns. Around here, LE are pretty aggressive about school zone speed limit enforcement.

There is one thing that does annoy the hell out of me, people who don't know the rules. In Florida, when opposite direction traffic lanes are separated by a median, you do not need to stop for a school bus that is on the opposite side (unless, of course, there are kids crossing the road). I normally do not stop under these conditions, but proceed through, generally at a glacially slow pace. More than once, I have been yelled at by self-appointed enforcers -- Karens. My response has always been to shout back at them, "So call a cop!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It should be enforced by camera. Perhaps that would be more effective than having a LEO just occasionally patrol and enforce.

Double penalty if for a violation for parents of students attending the school.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cop I know says he never writes tickets for pedophiles in School zones.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Definitely not minimizing the OP's and subsequent posts, but, what scared me more back in the day was dropping off my daughter at our parochial grade school.

The number of purported Moms who would drive up to the school in their giant SUV, while texting and/or looking at their phones probably thinking; "gee, I'm only going 5 mph what could go wrong", scared me to death.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Definitely not minimizing the OP's and subsequent posts, but, what scared me more back in the day was dropping off my daughter at our parochial grade school.

The number of purported Moms who would drive up to the school in their giant SUV, while texting and/or looking at their phones probably thinking; "gee, I'm only going 5 mph what could go wrong", scared me to death.

Definitely part of the reason I walk my 7 & 10 yr olds to school, on days I work from home.
May take an hour out of my day each way, drop off & pick up, but I'm happy knowing they're there safely.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been involved in the response to two incidents of vehicle vs. child. Not school zone, but buss dropping kids off. Both at the same location, strangely.

One little boy walked across road to get mail, car gave him a broken femur. Bus driver didn't know he'd gone that way, and had shut the lights off, other driver didn't expect a kid to walk out from behind the bus.

Other one, a drunk driver killed a 6 or 7 year old girl.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't help with people blowing by buses, but this would be an option for school zones:

https://www.actibump.com/

Expensive? Perhaps, but maybe we could cut a basket-weaving class out to fund it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
How do these things perform in ice and snow. Can it be deactivated during non school hours?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do these things perform in ice and snow
You get a lot of that stuff where you are?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never know. They would never go for that here. Costs money. A cop writing tickets generates revenue. The citizens here are fiscally conservative. Safety inspections of vehicles was eliminated and also just recently the Road Test to get a driver's license.

posted Hide Post
Maybe if, instead of a platform that drops, it has a spike strip that comes up. That would be more resistant to ice and other issues. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll want to turn the sound down. This is a school zone speeder, but that's the least of her problems.

No respect at all for authority. None. Stupid as shit to boot. Turned a traffic ticket into getting tazed and arrested, not to mention, ending up on TV and youtube for all the world to see how fucking stupid she is. 313,000 views in less than a week, but I've no doubt she's not bright enough to be embarrassed.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Man I just don't get it, she never did let up with the screaming even while being tazed she kept it up.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those side windows are expensive to replace, not to mention the tow charges and impound fees. Al Sharpton needs some of her lung power.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

What could've been a verbal warning turned into getting tased & arrested.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officer: You're under arrest!

Crazy woman: NO!

Can't make this stuff up...

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Sadly it's a repeat cycle. Kid in the back seat is traumatized by this, learns to hate cops from Mother. Generation after generation.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Another entitled karen got just what she deserved for acting out. ....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para,
That video brought back a lot of memories. After a while there’s a tendency to only remember the good times and you start to miss the job. Thanks for reminding me how sweet retirement is.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
hahahaha, naacp says she was having a bad mental health day.

Police said Johneisha Lewis was going 28 miles over the speed limit in the school zone on Kirby Drive near Shadow Creek Parkway at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post