SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just need to vent about my day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just need to vent about my day Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
It sucked.
One of my best friends died of Covid, unexpectedly.
Guy in my shop at work got a cancer diagnosis.
Guy across the hall at work has to have open heart surgery in about a week.
Another guy I work close to in another shop passed out in a meeting from a possible stroke.
All but the friend that died are younger than me.
All of this happened/became apparent before noon.
Today sucked.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sorry, friend. Frown

Posts: 45328 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that. Hang in there!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14003 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
My goodness I'm sorry.

Once had a year like that and it sucked.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow. Yeah, I can see how that would be sobering Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26004 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Very sorry to read about your day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your friend H. May he Rip.
Prayers sent for your other friends that they may all recover and heal fully.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19108 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't have many close personal relationships although I think a good number of people consider me their friend.

I did have one guy, an ex-park ranger who retired because his congenital disease causing blindness eventually showed up. He was the one available to go for coffee when I needed to vent about my work issues. My quip to him was I recognize the irony about whining about my problems to a blind guy who has a 40 year old specially disabled daughter and whose wife was going through cancer treatment.

But over the years, he saw that I finally made it through to the other side and he was happy for me. We would also go out for coffee and just shoot the breeze. I learned he didn't have too many people who would take him out and just shoot the breeze even though a lot of people liked him.

He was sad about me leaving the state. During our back and forth trips to California, I surprised him by showing up at his door with a large mocha.

On our final trip, I made a point to take him out for coffee again. We exchanged phone calls a few times after that. Then I learned he got Covid from which he died about three weeks ago. Rest in peace, Lee.

At least, we enjoyed our times together and had fun. Usually from me making jokes at his expense centered around his blindness. He was that good of a sport.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19577 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Hudr,

Sorry to hear man. I'm glad you came here to vent a little, we've all had bad days and yeah, yours is definitely one of those.

Hopefully you'll have some better days ahead.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, wasn't expecting a post like that.... that's a whole shit filled morning. Frown
Hang in there!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
in case anyone is interested.

https://www.legacy.com/funeral...0123826&v=batesville

We were neighbors. His dad and mine were best friends. We were gonna get rich swapping cows back and forth between each other.
He wore out a pickup and stock trailer hauling show calves for the local FFA and 4H. If you couldn't get along with this man, you were an asshole.
over my life, the stories are innumerable.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older you get , the more days like that you will have . Sad statistic .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for those losses, I've no words Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:... If you couldn't get along with this man, you were an asshole.

That's the face of someone with nothing but love to give to any living thing.

I am sorry for your current anguish, but knowing you have friends like Ricky, you are rich beyond words.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43803 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post